Not Making Grade

If you have done your home work your pup would do all that entered cornnectly with no problem's if it fails I would say its down to owner and they should put up with it not pass it on and on.

My dogs must do all that to a good level

nonsence! You can't put in what ain't there...
I think he means does all the original poster said, but sure some won't have the heart for certain work

And others just won't have the ability for certain work.

I agree ,but for the reasons the o/p said I think any lurcher should do all that. But if you need a dog to do a certain job ,doing the homework and getting one bred for that job will get you on the right track .

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i must admit,I put my heart and soul into my workers,and when they fail miserably I have no issues in putting them to sleep.I just cant walk out and feed ,clean ,and exercise a dog day in day out know

I reckon there's a few dogs that would refuse to work certain things if taken out of there comfort zone. Seen loads of dogs back down from a good fallow or good winter fox. Even seen some dogs jack be

nonsence! You can't put in what ain't there...

I nagged the wife for ages to get a lurcher so when she said yes I was praying it would work because i new it wasn't going any where.

I had forgotten what it was like to own a dog bred from workers and got a lot more enthusiasm than I expected :laugh: Any way nearly 3 years in and I am still moulding him. But for me a dog is for life regardless because i am soft

• Like 3

i must admit,I put my heart and soul into my workers,and when they fail miserably I have no issues in putting them to sleep.I just cant walk out and feed ,clean ,and exercise a dog day in day out knowing they are not up to the standard I want,ive not sold a dog in years but I have rehomed 2 in the last 4 years,a signim getting soft,..if they have skills that I think will be of use to certain folk I do my best to find someone to get use of the dog but I will not sell to any cretin on a whim

• Like 10

i must admit,I put my heart and soul into my workers,and when they fail miserably I have no issues in putting them to sleep.I just cant walk out and feed ,clean ,and exercise a dog day in day out knowing they are not up to the standard I want,ive not sold a dog in years but I have rehomed 2 in the last 4 years,a signim getting soft,..if they have skills that I think will be of use to certain folk I do my best to find someone to get use of the dog but I will not sell to any cretin on a whim

Alot of people do that rather than rehome. Abit of a pride and reputation thing.

i look at it this way.if they wont do me they usually wont do others,,,....when you see 9 month oldpups with 3 owners allready,thats why I prefer to put them to sleep,shit life for a dog to be passed on so many times in such a short life

• Like 3

at least 2 years for me,no excuses then.... the dogs had lots of time to matureand if youve done yer job right,and put plenty of game in front of him of different varietys there should be no doubt in the end.I can live with a half decent dog,they dont all have to be ultimate killers and game collecters,if their honest and try their very best,then you cant ask a whole lot more,if they have their limitations and still have their uses then ,someone ,if not you can utilise their skills,but when they show they lack substance and courage,take them out of the equasion,put them to sleep and know youve done the right thing to the dog

• Like 3

Quitting through choice, not backing me up or lacking heart.

The rest I can pretty much forgive.

And i'll give it plenty of time and chances.

So far, had a couple of proper twats, but none that failed in those three things.

Current two bitches have those three quality in abundance, so i'm pretty happy, just a shame ones not the brightest and the other as a miserable, anti social, people hating nutter.

i look at it this way.if they wont do me they usually wont do others,,,....when you see 9 month oldpups with 3 owners allready,thats why I prefer to put them to sleep,shit life for a dog to be passed on so many times in such a short life

Fully agree

Is this the case of showing type non work blood getting into a working line

What a lot don't seem to realise is the best most hard worked tightly breed line in the world will throw shit. You could put the best 2 dogs in the world together it doesn't mean all the pups will be good.

• Like 2