Every1S Preferred Terrier

I'm curious to know what people go for when having a earth work dog is there a specific type/breed ya go for as when I was young and done abit of ratting I had a jack Russell but as I've got older and decided to get into the digging side of terrier I went down the patterdale route after doing research and finding a excellent pup out of proven & quality workers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this oul boy 14yrs old, still mad hunter, worked on the gun too and top ratter in his young days, and loves going fishing.

Here's my old Russell in his later days he lived to 17 so had a great long life and there's been some outstanding dogs of the past I think these days have a few peddlers and dishonest people around wr

Having dug all colours the blacks to me have been the pick of them all. The blacker the better as blackeddy blak black black you can get.

Posted Images

ive had a few terriers in my time, and every one done what was expected of them, patt, russell, bull russell, lakey, border. the most mental was the bull russell, totally mute, defo a locator dog. for me i like to see an underdog doing well, loved them all.

There's a few folk who usually stick with a certain breed or type and refuse to change but I would love a lakey and I agree to see a underdog defeat the odds and give it 100% has got to be a great feeling

• Like 1

ive had a few terriers in my time, and every one done what was expected of them, patt, russell, bull russell, lakey, border. the most mental was the bull russell, totally mute, defo a locator dog. for me i like to see an underdog doing well, loved them all.

There's a few folk who usually stick with a certain breed or type and refuse to change but I would love a lakey and I agree to see a underdog defeat the odds and give it 100% has got to be a great feeling

id like another lakey to help keep them in a working home, but I have total respect for all terriers that work below as it takes guts, brains, and nose. terriers are my fav type of the dog breeds. theyre wee characters lol,

• Like 3

id like another lakey to help keep them in a working home, but I have total respect for all terriers that work below as it takes guts, brains, and nose. terriers are my fav type of the dog breeds. theyre wee characters lol,

Deffo real characters mate no doubt and very true any working dog should be respected and given the credit there due and a lot of old working breeds are going down the pan due to show rings or popularity I've been seeing patterdales going for £3-400 off pets never seen a day's work or just because there chocolate lol dog world gone mad

Deffo real characters mate no doubt and very true any working dog should be respected and given the credit there due and a lot of old working breeds are going down the pan due to show rings or popularity I've been seeing patterdales going for £3-400 off pets never seen a day's work or just because there chocolate lol dog world gone mad

growing up in northern Ireland we only had small bow leg jack russells, proper jack russells to me, then borders came along and they worked good too, I remember seeing my 1st black terrier about 95, she was game as they come and was bred to the border and produced some great pups but never seen another black type until 00 mid 00s is when we seen a lot more of them. so prob have a soft spot for small heavy set jacks

• Like 3

growing up in northern Ireland we only had small bow leg jack russells, proper jack russells to me, then borders came along and they worked good too, I remember seeing my 1st black terrier about 95, she was game as they come and was bred to the border and produced some great pups but never seen another black type until 00 mid 00s is when we seen a lot more of them. so prob have a soft spot for small heavy set jacks

Here's my old Russell in his later days he lived to 17 so had a great long life and there's been some outstanding dogs of the past I think these days have a few peddlers and dishonest people around wrecking the game

post-104600-0-79894000-1483728446_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Fell terrier or a mongeral pat x russell,lakeland x russell .baying dog which will mix if needs to. get a pup put your time into it keep the dog fit.if u go for hard stuff chances are u dig it stiff or it will start jacking but saying that it depends on how often you want to work the dog.

be careful where you enter the dog for first season keep the dog winning and dont work the dog sore.in the right hands most terriers will go if raised right.

• Like 3