Finally Found Where The Foxes Are

Guys

I've been having fox problems with my poultry for a few months, fox taking chickens and ducks at dusk just before they go in. I've left a trail cam watching the pens but nothing at night. My mother in law got me a another cam for Christmas and I've finally found where they are active at night. I've put a cage trap near where the pics show it going back and for, but it obviously didn't fancy cooked goose carcase last night, so I'm now going to try a parts of a goose it killed which I put in the freezer.

I've attached a pic of it

I've only got a nightvision monocular which I can't manage and a shotgun at the same time so it looks like its got to be the trap,

Ita fat b'stard as its had 8 chickens and 4 ducks and a goose.

Cheers

Simon

post-20541-0-02677500-1483175806_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I've been experimenting with one of those small round bluetooth speakers and I've downloaded some fox calls onto my phone and when I've tried it my dogs go beserk, so in the new year if the trap hasn't worked... :-)

Never tried an electronic call , i always use the best fox call ss , this will call foxes in you don't even know you've got . When their getting closer or you are trying to call one closer you've seen ,switch to the best fox call original.

It seems to very interested in the goose leg and somehow managed to set the trap off but it still won't go in :cry:.

When you use a caller, do you keep a lamp on or how do you know when the fox has arrived? As I've only got a shotgun, I've got to get him to come to within 30 meters, plus its woodland /scrub and its seems that its main route is through brambles.

It seems to very interested in the goose leg and somehow managed to set the trap off but it still won't go in :cry:.

When you use a caller, do you keep a lamp on or how do you know when the fox has arrived? As I've only got a shotgun, I've got to get him to come to within 30 meters, plus its woodland /scrub and its seems that its main route is through brambles.

The fox is a great time keeper.

Get a little battery clock not digital.tye it to a trunk post etc.

Leave the battery cover off and tie some fishing line to the battery's other end to the bait.

Check the next day and you will see what time he had his dinner.

Set again and recheck.you should now have a good idea what time he comes for dinner.

Get into position 20 mins before he's due.down wind and wait.

Good luck.

• Like 2