Well, I had been reading so many things on here about slow cooking that today I was bought a slow cooker for a present (looking after a mates dog).

Now, I love me grub, and I love the idea of making as much as I can, but in reality I am a terrible cook, so, desperately looking for idea what I can do with this slow cooker,

Suggestions please.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's effort in the SC chicken breast on the bone, cooked with leeks, mushrooms and pickling onions.   First pic in the slow cooker.     Second, on the plate and very nice it was too.    

ham cooked in coke 8 hrs take out of the coke coat in honey and mustard and put in a hot oven for 20 minutes   it is unbelievable

It took me a week to get round to making a stew once.

I have done some nice chilli con carnie and bolognese. Lovely deep flavours. Also a lamb joint works well. If you throw in some stock and spuds, carrots etc in good size chunks. Then when you get home just fish every thing out and turn stock in to gravy you got nice quick dinner rather than a stew. I tend to use high for most things to make sure they are nice and soft. High is the same temp as low but it reaches temp quicker

• Like 1

Roughly chop shit loads of onions and mushrooms, fry or grill 2 or 3 pound of sausages to brown them, chuck in slow cooker with a tin or two of beans, pepper, and sausage casserole mix, serve with mashed tattie which you've added a good sized parsnip to, and pumpkin sead bread, big dollop of cranberry sauce, and some decent cheese, wash down with a gallon or two of original guinness

• Like 2

Thanks for the link tc, will have a look.

Love the sound of that sausage feast low plains, gonna be trying that pal, thanks.

It's that time of year that be good to switch it on when I go out in the morning and have a good dinner waiting after a cold wet day out

• Like 2

Love the sound of that sausage feast low plains, gonna be trying that pal, thanks.

It's that time of year that be good to switch it on when I go out in the morning and have a good dinner waiting after a cold wet day out

That's the spirit mate, kick the alpen, and pot noodles into the long grass, and fire that big old winter cooking pot up, full of high calorie belly deforming scran lol

That's the spirit mate, kick the alpen, and pot noodles into the long grass, and fire that big old winter cooking pot up, full of high calorie belly deforming, chin building scran lol
  • Like 1