Cz 452 Bore Guide

I decided to clean my CZ .22 yesterday after yet more jamming problems with the Eley subs. I normally only clean the chamber out in an attempt to stop them jamming, but thought I'd give it a proper once over.

It was only when I tried to fit my bore guide in there and it didn't fit, that I realised it was for my centrefires and I don't actually own a rimfire one. I could have sworn I'd cleaned it before, but it would appear I have never cleaned it. :icon_redface:

Anyway, what do you lot use, or don't you bother with one?

Don't bother on a rimfire. There won't be any copper to shift so a normal powder residue solvent and patches should cure the cleanliness issue.

If it's the wax build up that's causing issues try sending a couple of kettles of boiling water down the chamber and give it a quick scrub with a bronze brush then dry it with patches / bore snake before refitting in the stock

• Like 1

Just another thought...

If you used a bore guide you wouldn't actually address the problem which is crap in the chamber.

If accuracy is still fine I'd avoid touching the barrel at all if possible and just do the chamber and maybe the first couple of inches