Bit Of A Strange One

I have 8 jills together and two Hobs live with them during the winter - A few of them are quite old, two of the eldest are 8 & 9.

Anyway, the very old one was going downhill over the last week, she was loosing fur and weight and I decided I would have her put to sleep this week. I fed them yesterday morning and checked them first thing this morning to find only the head and skin of the old one - It seems she died and the others ate her...I have never saw this before, has anyone else?

I have 8 jills together and two Hobs live with them during the winter - A few of them are quite old, two of the eldest are 8 & 9.

Anyway, the very old one was going downhill over the last week, she was loosing fur and weight and I decided I would have her put to sleep this week. I fed them yesterday morning and checked them first thing this morning to find only the head and skin of the old one - It seems she died and the others ate her...I have never saw this before, has anyone else?

Sh17 me lol sorry but thats shocked me

I've heard of this before on more then one occasion and does seem to be when the older ones on the way out, ive had the same this week a couple of the gills attacking the old gill for no reason I I've removed her but cant see her lasting long as all her teeth have now dropped out (through old age) she still eating but she seems to be getting less and less interested in getting up and struggles to her feet it may be her time unfortunately

Edited by ferret1988