Advice On Getting A Shotgun Licence

Hi Everyone

I am looking for some thoughts and advice about whether to apply for a shotgun licence at this time or not.

I have been to a few clay shoot sites and pay and have a go, so basically paying for gun hire, cartridges and lesson. Depending on venue it becomes very expensive. One of the places recommended that I apply asap for my shotgun licence because then they could sell me cartridges and hire gun direct. In essence I could go and practice only.

The place I live is simply just not appropriate to have/store any guns or ammunition, its rented, shared, Etc. so I know that it would not be approved.

Is this a situation in which a licence could be approved for purchase of ammunition and hire of gun for use on range/site only, but not for purchase of any to be stored at home?

Other than move, which I am looking at seriously, I would really appreciate any thoughts /advice you guys have!

Thanks in advance

G

I would apply for your licence bud. Along as no one in the accomadion Has been convicted they have no grounds to refuse its only the same as living with family. aslong as you tick all the criteria Ie reasons for use and correct storage facilities. If you have a separate room put a lock on it as well. What you got to lose except £50 for the application lol