Shocking Footage Of Wild Mink Hunting Large And Dangerous Prey

people in UK dislike american mink as they have been introduced here and are devastating our native wildlife such as water voles. but every hunter admires and respects minkas effeicient predators and amazing animals. and i think everyone on THL is amazed by your mink training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ECErlmfRV4

Edited by beast
  • Like 4

I love mink, never seen one over here in England in the wild but I can see how they could cause some damage on the wildlife.

Am I right in thinking that the reason we have wild mink here is due to them escaping from fur farms?

Discovered your videos on YouTube and found them so interesting to watch, I'd like to own one but after doing a bit of research you need a licence and I don't have the means of having the correct enclosure for them but I must admit they look awesome predictors and make ferrets look a bit soft ?

I love mink, never seen one over here in England in the wild but I can see how they could cause some damage on the wildlife.

Am I right in thinking that the reason we have wild mink here is due to them escaping from fur farms?

Discovered your videos on YouTube and found them so interesting to watch, I'd like to own one but after doing a bit of research you need a licence and I don't have the means of having the correct enclosure for them but I must admit they look awesome predictors and make ferrets look a bit soft

they were let run free by the animal loving brigade, be free little mink, goooo ruuuuun, to the devastation of our native species. Animal lovers my arse
  • Like 3

Discovered your videos on YouTube and found them so interesting to watch, I'd like to own one but after doing a bit of research you need a licence and I don't have the means of having the correct enclosure for them but I must admit they look awesome predictors and make ferrets look a bit soft

they were let run free by the animal loving brigade, be free little mink, goooo ruuuuun, to the devastation of our native species. Animal lovers my arse
Oh ?? how ironic!

pick him up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG8Mi7yLmiE :laugh:

pick him up
:laugh:
Seen this before, he certainly sounds the part but it's proven that the EU gene doesn't make for a better hunter than a good strain of working ferrets.

My ferret makes that initial hissing noice sometimes I think it's a warning isn't it.

Edited by Micheala Robinson

pick him up
I bet I could turn this chap into a teddy bear after a day of handling ? Edited by Micheala Robinson

pick him up
I bet I could turn this chap into a teddy bear after a day of handling ?
I'd like to watch that.
  • Like 2

pick him up
I bet I could turn this chap into a teddy bear after a day of handling ?
I'd like to watch that.

? Like to watch me get bitten you mean

pick him up
Seen this before, he certainly sounds the part but it's proven that the EU gene doesn't make for a better hunter than a good strain of working ferrets.

My ferret makes that initial hissing noice sometimes I think it's a warning isn't it.

I think its a promise you touch I bite, I have seen some that cant be tamed

• Like 1

I think there are merits to both sides of the discussion but when you introduce a feral species to a environment its not suppose to be in the results are inexcusable.look what the signal cray has done to the UK fishery chub,barbal,roach and rudd streams have suffered and you only need to look where i live fox,pig,cane toad just to name a few yes i think mink are a cool awesome looking creature and i love there predator instinct.but does that mean i should let lions run free in the area i live in..

• Like 1

I think there are merits to both sides of the discussion but when you introduce a feral species to a environment its not suppose to be in the results are inexcusable.look what the signal cray has done to the UK fishery chub,barbal,roach and rudd streams have suffered and you only need to look where i live fox,pig,cane toad just to name a few yes i think mink are a cool awesome looking creature and i love there predator instinct.but does that mean i should let lions run free in the area i live in..

I agree 100% but my main problem with it is the pure hypocrisy on the topic of invasive species in general. One invasive species is attacked incessantly and given an all out scapegoat status where it is blamed for everything it is guilty of, plus every other thing people can possibly dream up, regardless of how ridiculous. Then on the other hand another invasive species that is just as, if not far more destructive, is not even given the slightest consideration for pest control. The feral cat has caused more extinctions and devastated more populations of wildlife than almost any other invasive species out there. And yet where is the public out cry? Where is the extensive effort to eradicate them, and force people to keep their pets inside? There is none. Despite all the evidence against them, the public and the government wildlife officials both just turn a blind eye in the vast majority of counties, and just allow the destruction to continue. And why is this? Because people are emotionally attached to one invasive species, and are emotionally against another. Pretty silly if you ask me!

• Like 2