Running Out Of Clicks When Zeroing

Hi guys,

Took my scope of my rifle the other day to see if I could get it in a better position for my eye relief.

What a bloody mistake that was, got the eye relief better but went to re-zero....... My rounds are hitting 3ft lower than the cross hair and I'm maxed out. That's at 70yds, any ideas? Never happened to me before and I'v shot this rifle years.

Cheers

Treefella

It's a Brno .22, I'll try swapping the mounts over that might be the right way to go.

Wish I never touched it, could pretty much shoot a pube of a fly at 70 yards before I went messing around.

I tried putting a strip of inner tube under the rear mount but that did nothing.

Thanks for the advice chaps, il let you know how it goes.

More than likely you have run out of adjustment and your scope needs re centring. Remove scope from gun,turn ao to infinity and magnification to lowest and remove turret caps. Then place the scope flush against a wall mirror in a well lit room and look through it,you will more than likely see two reticles ( the second reticle you see is a reflection of the original reticle because it is not centred) then just adjust the turrets until you wind the second reticle in over the original reticle and when only one reticle can be seen your done.Even new scopes can be well out so I re centre every scope I get before fitting it to a gun. This is the easiest way to re centre a scope,counting clicks one way then the other is a faff on and it's to easy to damage a scope doing it that way.It can be quite a surprise how much some scopes can be out especially if they have been fitted on another gun before. Turning the rings round may help but you are certainly better off re centring the scope while your on,only takes seconds to do. hth

Edited by MickC

if the scope & mounts haven't changed and your now 3ft out i'd suggest you need to check your mounts are on the rail properly as there is no logical reason why shifting the scope back or forward an inch would give you such a big change.

I'd advise against shimming personally - it might work but you should never need to do it in normal circumstances if the scope and mounts are good. all shimming does is hide the problem, not cure it. its a hack. nothing more.

something somewhere isn't sitting properly. a mount, or as a real long shot, have you knocked the mod and its now clipping or possibly even bent the barrel slightly? have you cleaned it and left a burr on the crown or damaged it in some way?

just think about what you changed from when it was perfect to now and retrace your steps.

Edited by Jax13