Right chaps, I've run out of things I "need" to make, and I can't think of much I "want" to make at the moment. So I'm looking for some inspiration, I've a big pile of scrap and a welder, any suggestions? Also got a few old gas bottles kicking around but I don't need another gas bottle stove/smoker lol so what can I make? I'm bored and I need something to do! Lol

Right chaps, I've run out of things I "need" to make, and I can't think of much I "want" to make at the moment. So I'm looking for some inspiration, I've a big pile of scrap and a welder, any suggestions? Also got a few old gas bottles kicking around but I don't need another gas bottle stove/smoker lol so what can I make? I'm bored and I need something to do! Lol

Industrial steam cleaner out of the gas bottles?

TC

Industrial steam cleaner out of the gas bottles?

TC

ha ha I'm not sure I trust my welds enough to make a pressure vessel.....

You could always angle grind the bottom 6" off the cylinders and invert the pieces and weld them together, paint them with Hammerite and have a couple of nice planters ready for next year. Score 'brownie' points with the good lady in the process. Nice and simple project.

• Like 1

You could always angle grind the bottom 6" off the cylinders and invert the pieces and weld them together, paint them with Hammerite and have a couple of nice planters ready for next year. Score 'brownie' points with the good lady in the process. Nice and simple project.

angle grind? Pffft! That's when the plasma cutter comes out to play ;) lol I did some beer barrel planters for the local pub a couple of months ago and they really are looking good now the flowers are established.
  • Like 1

Like the look of that bbq griff, I started one about 5 years ago, really must pull my finger out and finish it. Be interested to see some more pics.

That one isn't one i made, just a picture on file for a future project on a rainy day!

I made my BBQ out of a double drainer stainless steel sink and a cast iron singer sewing machine treadle stand. Sits outside all year round and never rusts. The drainers are great for work space, the bowl is lined with fire bricks and draws air through the plug hole. Variable height grill rack over the bowl.

• Like 1

Like the look of that bbq griff, I started one about 5 years ago, really must pull my finger out and finish it. Be interested to see some more pics.

That one isn't one i made, just a picture on file for a future project on a rainy day!

I made my BBQ out of a double drainer stainless steel sink and a cast iron singer sewing machine treadle stand. Sits outside all year round and never rusts. The drainers are great for work space, the bowl is lined with fire bricks and draws air through the plug hole. Variable height grill rack over the bowl.

Get some pics up of that mate