CCI Shotshell rimfire round.

Anyone know where i can buy these, they are great when i have pigeon or squirrel jobs in confined spaces like lofts or chimneys, had loads of them, but recently had a lot of call for them and suddenly find myself out of them.

Can not buy them from my usual supplier as he no longer stocks cci.

Got to give CCI their due, they make some usefull stuff, forinstance the 30 ft lbs sub,s i was trying back in the summer on a couple of rabbit jobs where a normal sub would have been to much gun, the only thing against those was that they were solids.

Regards MT.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where i can buy these, they are great when i have pigeon or squirrel jobs in confined spaces like lofts or chimneys, had loads of them, but recently had a lot of call for them and suddenly find myself out of them.

Can not buy them from my usual supplier as he no longer stocks cci.

Got to give CCI their due, they make some usefull stuff, forinstance the 30 ft lbs sub,s i was trying back in the summer on a couple of rabbit jobs where a normal sub would have been to much gun, the only thing against those was that they were solids.

Regards MT.

Hello pm Rolfe mate he might know :thumbs:

With more and more people putting moderators on ther rimmy shot shell sales are going down.

GMK are the CCI importers so if you can't get them from your dealer have a word with them.

Deker

Edited by Deker

Just thought, some of you may have seen them in your local gun shop, they have a silver case with what looks like a blue clear neurofen capsule on the end filled with tiny bearings, come in flat boxes containing twenty rounds and cost a packet.

Thanks for that Stork, who is he a retailer or gunshop owner. ?.

Regards MT.

Cheers for that Deker, should have remembered GMK brought them in, Sportsman have a lot of dealings with them, so will give them a bell.

Always remove the mod of the BRNO when i use these, Sometimes i think it would be worth getting a .22 pistol to use them in as the look on customers faces can be a picture when they see the gun slip, trouble is dont really want that much money tied up in something that is not used every week.

Cheers again MT.

My lad has a old BSA single shot .22 bolt action on a shotgun ticket. It's an old rimfire rifle with the rifling removed. A local guntrader sells quite a few of these, various makes of course. Cheap, and just the job for removing small birds and rodents from a friends grain store without perforating the roof!! My lad has used the CCI but reckons the Remingtons, which are an all brass crimped end case just go that bit better. Probably a bit more pressure build up than the transparent plastic ended ones.

Quick edit, got myself mixed up with rimfire rounds, been trying several types this week in my CZ. The crimped end shotshells are Federal, not Remmie, sorry.

Anyway, Moletrapper, If you have no luck locally,I am happy to get some and post them down. They go on my shotgun ticket, not firearm, so easy enough to get.

I haven't checked, so don't know which type our local man has in stock just now.He always has some though.

Edited by Geoff.C
Just thought, some of you may have seen them in your local gun shop, they have a silver case with what looks like a blue clear neurofen capsule on the end filled with tiny bearings, come in flat boxes containing twenty rounds and cost a packet.

Thanks for that Stork, who is he a retailer or gunshop owner. ?.

Regards MT.

Hes a memeber and a profesional pest controller worth a try

Ive never heard of these! Can anyone tell me about them, or direct me to a website to read up about them. Are they classed as bullets or cartridges? ( would these count as part of my 600 im allowed to keep on firearm certificate)

Sorry for butting in on your post by the way! :icon_redface:

Trappa, yes they still count as part of your alloted quota, They are a low powered rimmy that has a plastic capsule containing lots of small lead shot, i use them on jobs where the customer does not want a hole through the roof or any other nasties, they are sufficient to kill squirrels, pigeons etc at close quaters, eg up to say 20 feet, no further though.

The beauty is no ricochet or over penetration.

Theobenmike, these are the older style ones, correct me if i am wrong (i am sure you will) but i think these used to be refered to as sparrow mail. If i had not used the last one up i would have put up a piccy.

Anyone interested enough juyst type in CCI ammunition on the search bar.

In simple terms they are a minature shotgun cartridge, but rim fire not centrefire. In the UK they tend to be used by Pest Controllers and gamekeepers, in the US they are commonly used on snakes. They tend to be low power and only very close range, they have no effect on your rifling but if you do find some or want to try them make sure you take your Sound Moderator Off first!

Deker, im probably going to sound like a right amateur here, but why the need to take the sound mod off? cheers mate

Not a stupid question at all!

Its like a shotgun cartridge with loads of small pellets, as soon as they leave the confines of the barrel they spread and will potentially blow your moderator to pieces, worst case senario of course but I suspect you get the idea! Even if only one lump ever hits the mod the odds are your zero and mod are FUBAR.

Cheers

Deker

Mole trapper, my lad has only a shotgun ticket, and he can purchase these shotshells on it. You should confirm with your firearms officer, I should think it would be the same everywhere. Any shotshells we have (only about 6 right now) do not go in my 600 .22RF allowance.

Trappa, I have not fired any through a rifled barrel, only my lads bored out BSA,but I would think as there is a lot of little balls,they will spread, just like a shotgun. If your moderator is still on, you will damage it, even though it's only about No. 12 shot. The BSA has a shot pattern about 18" across at 20 feet.

There was an old 9mm garden gun for sale in my local shop about a year ago and he also sells the 9mm shot shell cartridges, wouldn't it be worth keeping 1 of these guns for such jobs??

i would have thought they would be classed as shotgun cart's as well, as the only shot shells that need a Fac according to the law book i am currently reading are ones that have less than 5 pellets or the pellets are bigger than .36

Compo