THE BIG ONE

the ref imo was a bit of a discrase but once he took a point off,hatton did himself no favours. he started to walk in in straight lines and throw wide punches just like he had said he wouldnt be doing.

hatton has steped up to that weight twice now i think 1st time won on points in a labourd performance and then we all know what happend the second time

rickys a great fighter no doubt, but floyd (the prick) is pure class.

so wanted hatton to smash him :sick:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<Im not includeing Hatton here> but we've all seen it in the past with British boxers that are groomed on Nobodies or has beens! and yep they win a world title from a guy who was past his best and ready to relinquish his title, but then they come up against a guy who wanted it as much as they do, and bang! they've lost it either straight away or in a couple of defences, the only guy they seems to still be steaming through aponents and defending his crown well is Mr Joe Calzaghe.....

:clapper: tell me about it mate! thank god I'm a UTD fan ;)

Jasper

Jasper you didnt only hit the nail on the head,you smashed it through the floor !! the trouble is....it applies to ricky hatton more than anyone and you SHOULD be including hatton......his was a typical example....the 2 world class fighters he has ever fought were washed up and the only other time he went up to welter he struggled......to be fair i like hatton he,s a genuine guy,but he has serious limitations as a fighter......the mayweather fight last night went pretty much exactly as i thought....it was clear after 4 rounds hatton could not get to floyd,but what plan could he change to ? he couldnt,he only knows one way to fight,mayweather adapted to hattons style quicker than i thought and used hattons own strengths against him,his disatnce was perfect and constantly forced hatton to smother his own work by getting too close....his timing was perfect and looking back it was a relatively straight forward one sided fight......2 judges had it 89 - 81....1 judge had 88-82...personally i gave hatton round 5 and that was all.......

The fight was a classic case of a fighter ( hatton ) having beaten a few washed up stars...then running into a star in his prime(mayweather)....had tszyu and castillo been in thier prime you could probably have expected the same result....its a fight that hatton had to take,but too much was against him to win....thankfully he is healthy and will come again....hopefully giving junior witter a chance in a massive domestic fight.

isnt it strange how everybody predicts a fight when its over :whistling: .......very clever folk :hmm: ..i wonder if hatton had won you would of been saying i knew he would ... :blink: ...hatton had a chance ....he got beat fair enough .....by the better boxer ......but dont start saying i knew this would happen and i knew that would happen ..once the fight was over ...... :hmm:

i think hatton started well the ref didnt let ricky get on with it because he likes to get in close and i dont think mayweather could deal with it but the ref was in ther between them as soon as they were close so i think if the ref would of been more leniant then maybe a better outcome or a better chance of it but mayweathers a top fighter :boxing:

isnt it strange how everybody predicts a fight when its over :whistling: .......very clever folk :hmm: ..i wonder if hatton had won you would of been saying i knew he would ... :blink: ...hatton had a chance ....he got beat fair enough .....by the better boxer ......but dont start saying i knew this would happen and i knew that would happen ..once the fight was over ...... :hmm:

If thats a dig at me mate....look back a few pages you will see i predicted a mayweather stoppage between rounds 6 - 9......ok i was a round out but it wasnt a hard fight to predict.....some people predict with the heart not the head and thats easily done but believe me im as gutted as you.....no need to start being a dick to me though......if it wasnt intended at me my apologies.

it was aimed at who ever wrote on this thread saying i knew hatton would lose AFTER THE FIGHT .........or who ever felt guilty when they read it ... :D:D ....and yes iam gutted hatton is a good boxer with a masive heart ..and heart can get you a long way in boxing or anything else .....he was slightly out of his leage this time .....thats a fact ...i belived deep down he would of won ..not because of all the media hype ...because the man has heart ,,,,theres been alot of upsets in boxing and i hoped this would of been one off them .......... :thumbs: iam not going to start making exsuses say the ref was on mayweathers side ..he lost to a better boxer ...but it only takes one punch somtimes and i belived hatton held that punch ....all the best snoop :thumbs:

it was aimed at who ever wrote on this thread saying i knew hatton would lose AFTER THE FIGHT .........or who ever felt guilty when they read it ... :D:D ....and yes iam gutted hatton is a good boxer with a masive heart ..and heart can get you a long way in boxing or anything else .....he was slightly out of his leage this time .....thats a fact ...i belived deep down he would of won ..not because of all the media hype ...because the man has heart ,,,,theres been alot of upsets in boxing and i hoped this would of been one off them .......... :thumbs: iam not going to start making exsuses say the ref was on mayweathers side ..he lost to a better boxer ...but it only takes one punch somtimes and i belived hatton held that punch ....all the best snoop :thumbs:

:clapper::clapper::drinks: :alcoholic: ill drink to that

So if someone predicts that hatton will be stopped in the late rounds....and he does....and then the person says " the fight went how i thought it would "...thats wrong is it ? :blink:

I think your talking with your chin on the floor mate and i understand that im as gutted as the next englishman.....theres an old saying " heart will only get you so far ".......yes it is to be admired human or animal....but when competing in the fast lane its often not enough.....all the best and chin up :thumbs:

So if someone predicts that hatton will be stopped in the late rounds....and he does....and then the person says " the fight went how i thought it would "...thats wrong is it ? :blink:

I think your talking with your chin on the floor mate and i understand that im as gutted as the next englishman.....theres an old saying " heart will only get you so far ".......yes it is to be admired human or animal....but when competing in the fast lane its often not enough.....all the best and chin up :thumbs:

read what i wrote again gnash ... :thumbs: look at the words in capitals .... :thumbs:

Well im totally confused then mate.....there hasnt been a post on this all day,i suddenly wrote one a while ago saying the fight went how i thought it would....and within a few minutes you posted saying what you did.....maybe im wrong maybe it wasnt aimed at me but im sure you could see why i would think it was......anyway bolxxxks who cares lets just find a cat to kick :wallbash::D

Edited by gnasher16

Evening oneredtrim.....i think many recognised before AND certainly after that tzsyu was all but finished....and lets face it,he has since retired so it kind of tells itself.....castillo had been in a lot of wars and without doubt his best days were behind him,whether he will fight again....he,s a crazy south american so probably !!......i believe he was caught with an honest punch and anybody who has drawn hands at any level will no that type of sickening body punch can finish a fight.

You kind of lost me on the paul parker and maradona stuff.....but for sure,small moments can change the course of history....but the reason we remember them so clear many years later is because they are rare happenings.The buiseness with the ref before the fight....he actually said he would allow infighting until such times as a foul was being committed....ie,holding.....thats the rules in any contest....i agree he could have let them fight on the inside more....but to be honest mayweather had him completely sewn up on the inside anyway....i think hatton did well to last as long as he did and he has a lot to be proud of.