• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wrong Stop End, the video is a Kennel Club made film on how it was back then. Back then there wasn't enough folk with television etc. to spread trials etc. to the common man. It's a modern thing wh

Like the wheatens Chesney there are good men keeping lines of black dogs that test there dogs to the last so no breeding dirt.There is a mass output of black dogs about but there has to be a market fo

It made no difference whether they pushed or tried to draw,there was a time limit they had to achieve in silence and that was the way they were judged,they had to reach there game also within a time l

Posted Images

Dogs depend on the people that breed them and make them ready. Of the Irish breeds of terrier I prefer The Torum Tunde kerry Blue Terrier line or a working wheaten, they must be like Kerry Blues from what I here say or better....I would not go for show line Soft Coated Wheatens....to off as a Terrier for me.

Nice find Bushranger and I see it was followed by an article by Richard Clapham who wrote one of the best hunting books ever IMO, but, even back then I see that there was as much written about appearance as performance.

What has the colour of a dogs eyes or toenails got to do with gameness ???

Like I said before it was only when the proper dogmen took over the trials in the 70s that the wheat was sorted from the chaff and the curs went to one side.

Dogs depend on the people that breed them and make them ready. Of the Irish breeds of terrier I prefer The Torum Tunde kerry Blue Terrier line or a working wheaten, they must be like Kerry Blues from what I here say or better....I would not go for show line Soft Coated Wheatens....to off as a Terrier for me.

Working wheatens are indeed like Kerry Blues in that they have 4 legs, a head and a tail.

That's where the similarities end.

• Like 2

I was very much into staffords and Pit bulls before....but These Irish Breeds and The Kerry BLue was a surprise for me....how can a puff ball...perform the way they do...HAHA I have a likeing for them. THESE IRISH PUFF BALLS

Edited by bushranger