Squirrels Above Suspended Ceiling

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.1env.co.uk/grey-squirrel-bait.html   Another one for the "so called" professional   If you don't know what you are talking about, its best to say nothing

I see you have made 116 posts to the date of this post. 99 of them must have been against Shropshire mole, has he had a fling with your misses or what? It does seem that your dislike of him does cloud

Just stick a bit of batten on the bottom of the cubby cage.   If it drops through the ceiling it will save you climbing up

Or if they do not mind the risk of smells, could bait with squirrel bait?? most economical solution

Warfarin poison may only be deployed out of doors against grey squirrels for tree protection.

If you don't know what you are talking about, its best to say nothing.

I see you have made 116 posts to the date of this post. 99 of them must have been against Shropshire mole, has he had a fling with your misses or what? It does seem that your dislike of him does cloud your judgement somewhat. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/358697-squirrels-above-suspended-ceiling/?do=findComment&comment=4260092

Just an observation.

TC

Edited by Tiercel
  • Like 2

I think it only fair to inform the customer, that if you use Rodenticide to poison a Grey Squirrel,..if it succumbs to your ploy,.there might well be a long period of sweet smelling decay....

For Grey Squirrels, in dwelling places,.trapping and exclusion is generally the best option... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

I've never had to use it for squirrels.

What made them difficult?

I don't know. I had a run of jobs where I really struggled. I wondered if they had been caught and released elsewhere....I heard of a number of pest controllers doing that with foxes because they couldn't dispatch em so who knows...one had eaten through a joist like a bloody beaver! So it had to go asap...I then think I messed a job up by feeding a sub lethal dose and perhaps causing a bait aversion.

Was a learning curve after spending 20 years catching squirrels without issue.

I think it only fair to inform the customer, that if you use Rodenticide to poison a Grey Squirrel,..if it succumbs to your ploy,.there might well be a long period of sweet smelling decay....

For Grey Squirrels, in dwelling places,.trapping and exclusion is generally the best option... :thumbs:

Of course..

I've never had to use it for squirrels.

What made them difficult?

I don't know. I had a run of jobs where I really struggled. I wondered if they had been caught and released elsewhere....I heard of a number of pest controllers doing that with foxes because they couldn't dispatch em so who knows...one had eaten through a joist like a bloody beaver! So it had to go asap...I then think I messed a job up by feeding a sub lethal dose and perhaps causing a bait aversion.

Was a learning curve after spending 20 years catching squirrels without issue.

Is it possible the traps you were using had become contaminated? I don't clean mine very often, but then again I don't let anything rot in one, not saying you did, but maybe something like diesel got spilled on them?

I lent a mate a live catch trap, he got the squirrel but then let it out when he went to administer the last rites, never came in his garden again.

As for the foxes being released.... Did you see the article in Pest re foxes and quoting the Abandonment of Animals Act 1960? That should be on the Level 2 syllabus!

I have never used poison for grey squirrels and as long as I still have my wits. I never will.

Creative trap mounting has always done it for me.

If you can't catch them inside. Trap them outside. The buggers have to go out to feed.

I have had loads of jobs referred to me from one or two bigger outfits I've subbied for where they chose the poison route and couldn't gain control. Sometimes having the bare faced cheek to charge for their failure!!

Please give the bitching a rest lads. If you want to scratch each others eyes out and bitch slap each other sort it out over PM.

Thanks.

I have never used poison for grey squirrels and as long as I still have my wits. I never will.

Creative trap mounting has always done it for me.

If you can't catch them inside. Trap them outside. The buggers have to go out to feed.

I have had loads of jobs referred to me from one or two bigger outfits I've subbied for where they chose the poison route and couldn't gain control. Sometimes having the bare faced cheek to charge for their failure!!

Please give the bitching a rest lads. If you want to scratch each others eyes out and bitch slap each other sort it out over PM.

Thanks.

Agree Moxy, have blocked Torquemada,