Boat Fishing Questions

Right hand winder for right handed, reel with the right and layer with left thumb

Doesn't that feel odd to you even though if you were using a fixed spool you'd be using the other hand?

Or is that just me because I'm cack-handed?

heres what you need walshie.....left handed multipliers...Gerry's......hold the rod in your right hand and wind with your left....

gerrys_logo_main_.png

tel.png

GOt

Sort results by Most Popular NamePrice: low to high Price: high to low
VIEWING 16 ITEMS IN LEFT HAND MULTIPLIERS
  • Like 1

I've got left and right hand multipliers, will use a small bait casting with small multiplier for on the kayak which is left handed, but my main boat reels are all right handed.

Dave, you're only doing a bit of mackerel bashing mate, a fixed spool will be fine, if and when you want to get into wrecking/heavy reef fishing etc then look at your gear again. Unfortunately 1 rod doesn't suit all types of boat fishing..... But for mackerel bashing you could use a handline and fill a bucket.

I've got left and right hand multipliers, will use a small bait casting with small multiplier for on the kayak which is left handed, but my main boat reels are all right handed.

Dave, you're only doing a bit of mackerel bashing mate, a fixed spool will be fine, if and when you want to get into wrecking/heavy reef fishing etc then look at your gear again. Unfortunately 1 rod doesn't suit all types of boat fishing..... But for mackerel bashing you could use a handline and fill a bucket.

Strictly mackerel mate. It's so awkward being left handed. You should see me try to use a tin opener. :laugh:

Strictly mackerel mate. It's so awkward being left handed. You should see me try to use a tin opener. :laugh:

Like I said mate, I'll sort you a rod a reel (fixed spool) and a few sets of feathers, weights etc.

I've stacks of gear I never use in the shed, you're welcome to it mate

Like I said mate, I'll sort you a rod a reel (fixed spool) and a few sets of feathers, weights etc.

I've stacks of gear I never use in the shed, you're welcome to it mate

You're very kind Kev. Thanks mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Right hand winder for right handed, reel with the right and layer with left thumb

Doesn't that feel odd to you even though if you were using a fixed spool you'd be using the other hand?

Or is that just me because I'm cack-handed?

feels awkward as hell, I always use an egg beater as I mainly shore fish

You want to stop the boat for mackeral fishing a 9ft pier rod and a little fixed spool reel is ample enough. No point spending 100 quid just for maccy when a 25 quid outfit will last a couple of seasons.

• Like 2

You want to stop the boat for mackeral fishing a 9ft pier rod and a little fixed spool reel is ample enough. No point spending 100 quid just for maccy when a 25 quid outfit will last a couple of seasons.

i would have to disagree with that......£25 for an out fit......if you said the rod is a £10, line £3, that makes the reel £12.......a £12 reel is going to be crap, buy cheap buy twice......

I will make you some leads of varying weights Walshie and give you them at the comp. Kevs tackle wont be shit mate hes the richest man on T.H.L. [or so ive heard] :D

That's good of you Bry. Thanks. I know his stuff won't be shit. I was only kidding. I fully expect the rod to still have the Harrod's bag it came in. :laugh: