Advice Needed

Hi I've had my lurcher in the back garden today the fence is 6ft enclosed, the problem is shes seen the neighbours cat through the gate panel jumped the 6 ft gate and chased the cat into a wood. The neighbour has seen all this go on and come round to tell me I've looked for the dog which came home after 5 minutes with a scratch on her nose the cat hasn't been seen since,,, I'm hoping the scratch is from brambles because it's thick cover there, what I'm asking is can I get done by the law for this or loose my dog? The neighbours are out looking tonight for the cat and if my bitch has killed it they will kick up a stink!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Total pish.

Dogs have been chasing cats for a very long time mate! Have a good night's sleep and get out with a few mates if possible and show your neighbour you are making an effort. This wasn't intentional, you

Morton how can I put it nicely do one you prick

Hi I've had my lurcher in the back garden today the fence is 6ft enclosed, the problem is shes seen the neighbours cat through the gate panel jumped the 6 ft gate and chased the cat into a wood. The neighbour has seen all this go on and come round to tell me I've looked for the dog which came home after 5 minutes with a scratch on her nose the cat hasn't been seen since,,, I'm hoping the scratch is from brambles because it's thick cover there, what I'm asking is can I get done by the law for this or loose my dog? The neighbours are out looking tonight for the cat and if my bitch has killed it they will kick up a stink!!!

Id have been out searching with them,6ft is no boundary for a lurcher,especially intent on a neighbours moggy.The neighbours may be rightly indignant,its their fecking pet and no you won,t get done.Get out and assist their search you nugget,then learn to live with another unhappy neighbour,many of us do.

• Like 1

Your Bitch would come back with more than one scratch for sure

Total pish.

seen my old saluki x collie x grey take a cat and not get a mark………….but then again seen in him in a right state off another one

• Like 1

Hopefully the cat will return tonight,

If it does id get another lurcher :angel: ,and learn to take on the responsibilities of lurcher ownership,1st lesson - lurcher chases and the owner follows,then takes the strife on the chin and not seek solace on a computer.At first light will you be the first up and out taking on your responsibilities?.

• Like 1

Morton I thought the bitch was in a safe area a 6 ft fenced in area but I was wrong and yes I'll be up in the morning looking again, I'm only asking for advice on here as where I stand,

Morton I thought the bitch was in a safe area a 6 ft fenced in area but I was wrong and yes I'll be up in the morning looking again, I'm only asking for advice on here as where I stand,

The dog would have led you to its kill?,if you had taken it into a kill? vicinity.Whilst you were looking for a teet to suckle,on the tinternet your best reward would have been aiding and assisting the disgruntled neighbour,far less rewarding perhaps,but,the thing a responsible dog owner,especially a cat chasing lurcher owner,may have wished to do,just to be seen as responsible and fecking concerned,i may not have been to concerned about the demise of a scraggy moggy,yet id have put on every pretext of concern possible,to diffuse the situation,then id have searched for longer than the neighbours,again possibly pretext,possibly because i may have been better equipped to find the source of the unsavoury outcome.If i was to find id grow a pair and face the consequences,which would have been a fecking disgruntled ex cat owner,such is the reality of life,to some responsible lurcher owners,that the neighbours don,t send xmas cards to,im not a crimbo fan,thus can do without their seasonal cheer.

• Like 1