Help Needed (Kent)

Feck the food bowl away first of all , all his food is earned , downing sitting , heeling , when he brings any item anywhere near you tell him YES and feed a bit, feed him for coming into your space

Don't worry about commands for any action, he will probably be suspicious of vocal commands if he's ignoring them, get the action first, if you lure him into a down give the command only while he's doing to action, that goes for all behaviour , your not commanding him to do an action , what you want is for him to Believe his actions makes the sound which gets him a reward ,

Stick out your hand for to start working on the COME, at the start sit down and face him with the palm of your hand , he must touch his nose to your palm to be fed, when he's on the way in give command COME ,

Get contact to feed , paws up on your legs , get him to sustain contact to eat , let him be pushy you want conifidence

Long long nylon line while out , no hunting just the two of you , go on for the next few months like this, the long line is for you to manage him so you don't have to disciple or confront

It's about building conifidence, you want a little predator around your feet not a lamb , give me a ballsy pup any day , people advise against a driven pup but a dog with attitude has potential for work , can never get enough drive in a pup , people who don't want it , don't understand how to control it

For the retrieve just get the pup coming into your space with any item that's all , don't take it just praise and feed,

Best of luck with it bud, nothing worse starting off with a pup and not knowing what to do and feel you've messed up , forget bout hunting for a while and just try to build something for the next few months

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot the f****r and get a dog more suited to a beginner

If he won't come back just keep walking away from him only ask once maybe twice if it windy or he good distance away, get him used to being leashed up then let off recalled and off again so he knows l

mate hes six mounths old and a saluki cross give him time have plenty of patiance headach tablets can help ther for you atb

Some really good replies on this but some you will never get right kept saluki hybrids ive had them fairly obedient until I was gifted an older dog proper nutter this thing in the day no matter how long or hard the run he would kill or miss would stand out on the land looking for the next i tried everything with it the only time it was different was running it on the lamp Wernt too bad then but was a waste if I'm honest also this dog had no interest in dummies or treats just loved to run and kill no matter what the cost it wouldn't even acknowledge people me included.best of luck with your pup though I hope you get it right.?

• Like 1

Some really good replies on this but some you will never get right kept saluki hybrids ive had them fairly obedient until I was gifted an older dog proper nutter this thing in the day no matter how long or hard the run he would kill or miss would stand out on the land looking for the next i tried everything with it the only time it was different was running it on the lamp Wernt too bad then but was a waste if I'm honest also this dog had no interest in dummies or treats just loved to run and kill no matter what the cost it wouldn't even acknowledge people me included.best of luck with your pup though I hope you get it right.

Now this sounds likes my dog just not had him on the lamp yet and not going to till I get somethings sorted thats if I can!!