Chid21'. You are a wankerLol. You think I was going to order a Fcking tester whilst . STOP. Can't even go past that thought. You are a wankerLol though for even thinking that thought. You do make me laugh however. I wish it had been you who held that Fcking wire and thought ' I wish I'd bought a tester'.

Rather than finding a gullible friend, I have found that a strobe light for checking timing works well.

They have a live that you hold on the fence and an earth that you push into the ground.

All of us running older cars will have one of these and you other folk may have one at the back of the garage.

Gullible friend . . . when I was a kid me old man used to find a way to get me every time lol.

You can buy and electric fence tester off ebay for less than a tenner btw

or use a longer piece of grass, the longer the blade, the lower the wollap, I used to have one of those mains ones around a lake I used to run, it was to keep otters out, sent a few people flying, but if you had a foot long blade of grass it was just a gentle bump, shorter one would give a bigger buzz, simples

I use a blade of grass to test them and if live push them down with my gun stock to cross them.

last year we where ferreting near the farmers house and my mate was wearing a baseball cap, he bent down to net a hole and the electric fence wire went under his peak slid down and hit his forehead and zapped him. He fell backwards and laid out a couple of seconds and got up and said what did you do that for? I was laughing my head off - he thaught id run an pushed him over :laugh:

• Like 1