Rope through the collar.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU WOULD,NT HAVE TO USE A SLIP LEAD WILE OUT LAMPING IF YOU TRAINED YOUR DOGS PROPLEY :tongue2:

:clapper::clapper: Listen to barbara fukin woodhouse A slip is a must if you are doing serious lurcher work then you are in total control when the dog runs .

If I had a dog that was totally in control when of the slip when quarry was around I would question its prey drive.

Use a thin 1 inch webbing strap if your wee handys are hurting

thats bollocks.......with proper training a dog should be able to be stopped at any point and not run in untill told........

Gelert your speaking bollocks the last thing you want to be doing is scaring quarry with shouting on a dog to stay and leave .

put it on a slip and thats that

And as for a dog should be able to be stopped at any point it shows how much lurcher work you have done

Holy shit :icon_eek: your poor hands

Right train your dog a 'close' or 'Heel' command and a command for when he can go. Thats great and useful even if you are not using a slip.

I use a slip alot, due to the fact that I come accross alot of stuff I dont want my dog running and a restraint or slip is bloody handy, and has saved some serious problems for me and the dog over the years.

If you want a decent slip, simple get a comfy piece of rope and put a loop in the end which goes round your wrist then you can safely hold the other end with your hand, better than that stick method, as you cant hold the other end properly and with a strong dog its a must.

Forget the quick rel;ease there shit, unless you get a quality fitting which are very hard to come by these days, and i always found them hard work to slip apposed to a rope or lead.

Thirdly no collar on the dog just use a slip rope lead, use the slip round your wrist and hold the lead through the handle, it works a treat.

good hunting Reload

Edited by reload

I use this below, inch wide flexible webbing, (taken off a ratchet strap) easy stitched to form two handles, no snagging at any time, 5ft in length, cost nil.

post-5395-1196690113_thumb.jpg

With regards to not having a collar on your dog as a mate re-iterated to me recently,it can be very hard and awkward if needing to break your dog off something and you don't have a collar to hold onto. ;)

Edited by shay