Invite Went To Plan

Took a chance on lad on here asking for somebody he could tag along with, for a bit of rabbiting or dogging work, Lamper121.

You never know who you will meet or what they will be like, but everybody deserves one chance, well I tend to think they do.

So we arranged to meet at my local pub at 5.30 but told him they would be no dogs just rifle, " Fine he said just glad of the chance to get out". So off we went first field nothing home, few hares mooching around, but walked the field regardless and gave him a shot of the 6.5x55 just to get the feel of it incase the need arose later for him to get a shot off at a deer or fox.

Off to the other side of the village to the other 4 fields, we walked the entire fields slots everywhere, runs everywhere you looked but no deer, came across 2 fox earths freshly dug, one with a rear end of a hare outside well eaten and a few feathers in the entrance, one of me pals will get some work from that no doubt. Rather than call it a night I said "we will walk it again back to the car we might get lucky" we got to what is normally a good field for deer, no sooner than I had said " this field normally holds deer"

Steve said "Del there look" as I was glassing the field in the other direction I never seen them, 3 roe got up from the long weeds

2 doe and 1 buck 35-40 yards away. The two does took off straight away the buck stayed put for 30 seconds or so, 30 seconds or so to long 6.5x55 broadside on. Steve was happy he had his good walk out and a buck to take home with him, and never minded getting stuck in with cleaning it, smiling has he held the heart up with the top half missing. All went to plan, thanks for the good company Steve, ring me again next time you fancy a walk out.

Ps thank for the cans.

• Like 7

Well done delswal.

To be honest King Steve done me the favour to be honest, offered a few to come out shooting with me, hard work carrying rifle and a deer across them fields at my age lol……..none of the others have taken the offer up, truth be known he got me out, not me getting him out :thumbs:

Your a good man like Del shame we blanked when we called down :laugh:

Thats because you were to busy eating me out of house and home ya greedy pairs of gits :laugh:
Pmsl was nice food tho mate hahaha and was good company tbh thanks :thumbs:

Well done delswal.

To be honest King Steve done me the favour to be honest, offered a few to come out shooting with me, hard work carrying rifle and a deer across them fields at my age lol……..none of the others have taken the offer up, truth be known he got me out, not me getting him out :thumbs:
Everyone is a winner then mate.allways good to get out with new lads.

This site does make meeting like minded lads much easier.