Pup Was Unlucky But Still Done Well

So i was out training the pup on the lamp with a rabbit skin dummy, I do this most nights and the pup normally is focused but he kept sniffing the air and lunging towards a hill so I had a scan with the lamp and spotted a lump on the grass so I sent the pup up for a run he flew up the hill the lump turned out to be a rabbit from what I could see the rabbit jumped over the pups head and just made it through a fence the pup marked the fence until called being my first lurcher/dog I'm chuffed how well he done with no experience on live game can't wait for him to get his first catch.can't wait to see the hard work pay off see how you lads live and breathe it atb jake cog

• Like 7

Hope you get the same enjoyment out of both your dog & hunting in general as I and many others have over many years.. Good luck,sounds like the "fun" is just about to start!!

• Like 1

From the stories the farther in law has told me absolutely can't wait. some of the best memories you'll ever have in hunting by the sounds of it

Just try & enjoy it,don't take it too serious & let it take over your life as I have done,being honest I have no regrets for at the time I thought what I was doing was right & proper but trust me there is more to life than dogs & hunting just wish I realised that many MANY years ago haha

• Like 5

Nice one mate Iv just got my first running dog last year he's just tuned 12 months the other day. he's had quite a few bunnys now and feck me it's adicdiv. I'll be getting another runner next year when you catch your first rabbit it's worth all the shit you had to go threw best feeling iv ever had .get some pics up of your pup mate good luck with you pup im sure you will have plenty of years of fun atb mate

post-98112-0-95672900-1460389076_thumb.jpg

Edited by green dragon
  • Like 4

He's a collie bullgreyhound he's just bred from genuine worker to worker. King on here has a litter mate and Kiransingo has a dog from a previous litter both look like smashing dog .I couldnt of asked for a better pup .we should have a good first season.nice airrifle in you dp you should get you pup out retrevein those peogions you've shot iv had my pup retreve all sorts from pheasnts crows magpies .I I think it's a handy thing for a lurcher to learn but that's just me lol What x is your boy

Edited by green dragon