Public Liability Insurance For Dog After Court Case

Looking for help to find a company that will insure a dog for public liability the dog has bitten some one and the owner has been charge with having a dog that was dangerously out of control . The incident happened in the owners house and the bite was more of a nip . Thanks in advance

Most, if not all, normal pet insurance policies will include public liability as standard. But if a dog has bitten already, and the owner's been charged with having the dog dangerously out of control I doubt any insurance company would want to take on that piece of business. I think all you can do is ring round a load of insurers and ask.

I can see this law being abused by petty minded folks making a fuss over nothing. I was walking the dog tonight on road on lead and some german shepard cross came belting out and piled into him. The owner apologised and no big deal Then the other day a farmers collie nailed me in the knee. All minor events and part and parcel

Edited by terryd
  • Like 3

Can't understand why the lad wants public liability insurance!! If the dog is out muzzle it and get it on a lead. Someone calls at the house put it in another room or shed. I doubt if that is a condition imposed by the cops usually they take it and that's it.

I saw something on the TV that said if you have a sign that states you have a guard dog you've already admitted liability !

The law most certainly is an ass

I was told same thing in the pet shop when I went looking for a sign . He said don't get a "beware dog" etc sign . Told me to get a sign saying " please close gate , dog running free inside" or something like that.

• Like 2

I no that most insurance company's won't touch it because it's already bittern that's why I was asking on here hopeing some one might no of a company that would

these would be worth a try nothing to lose

https://www.ccc3.co.uk/insurance

very helpful and down to earth

. Thanks for that mate I will pass it on Edited by pongopalmer