Fitting In Work Around Dogs

Sorry if in wrong section. What shifts do people find good to work to get most out hunting your dogs?

Anybody wanting to get the best out of their jukels will,others won,t.Work,family and life get in the way of whats best for the lurcher,the best lurcher workers work em,regardless,others have mutts that will never reach theirs,or their owners potential.Its not rocket science,graft them as and when,if thats not enough for the dogs,don,t own dogs.

I was curious as to what shifts people work and find suit working dogs as I've been given a few options at my new job. Which ever shift I get on I will take the dogs out accordingly

• Like 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lost alot due to dogs/hunting,I put it before many things inc work,I regret nothing for at the time I thought it right & proper..marriage,relationships,work nothing other than my kids came before

Good title to your thread...great way to think.   It is usually the other way round!

Iam a self employed gas fitter so iam lucky enough to work my dogs every day, i dont book my first job untill 10am, this allows me a mooch before i start or a couple of hours on the lamp if the weathe

Lost alot due to dogs/hunting,I put it before many things inc work,I regret nothing for at the time I thought it right & proper..marriage,relationships,work nothing other than my kids came before my love of lurchers/hunting & it still doesn't,this is my only one chance at life & I'm living it how I so please..there is more to life than dogs & hunting or so I hear? I've never ever had nothing really,this is ALL I know & do,whatever & however you choose to live your life enjoy it as this is no rehearsal.. I chose this rightly or wrongly,I guess I ain't for changing now,4 of my sons all work dogs & good un's at that but thankfully they haven't put all & sundry before their dogs & hunting as I did/do.."living the dream" lol

• Like 6

Lost alot due to dogs/hunting,I put it before many things inc work,I regret nothing for at the time I thought it right & proper..marriage,relationships,work nothing other than my kids came before my love of lurchers/hunting & it still doesn't,this is my only one chance at life & I'm living it how I so please..there is more to life than dogs & hunting or so I hear? I've never ever had nothing really,this is ALL I know & do,whatever & however you choose to live your life enjoy it as this is no rehearsal.. I chose this rightly or wrongly,I guess I ain't for changing now,4 of my sons all work dogs & good un's at that but thankfully they haven't put all & sundry before their dogs & hunting as I did/do.."living the dream" lol

My ex ordered me to get rid of the mutts,ive missed years of wasted opportunities to be a good husband and father because of the fecking jukels,holidays,parties,weddings,school plays,christenings and funerals have passed me by because of the cause,i regret some of it now.If i had my time again with the dogs id regret more.The facts are that ill never be recognised as the best husband a wife could have,id be happy to get in the top hundred,ill never be recognised as the best dad by some of my kids,the ex made her choice,yet ill be happy enough to have worked the majority of my mutts to a standard that I was comfortable with,to the expense of everyday life perhaps.My tombstone will possibly have the inscription,Lousy,husband,occasional dad,loved hunting.They will have to inter me in a shallow grave.

• Like 1

I'm lucky I work 8-4 Monday to Friday no weekends and make a pretty good wage !

Dogs come down the list a little I play rugby semi professional next year so training and playing comes into it

I tend to go gym at 6 before work then walk the mutts after work ! Lamping is a stuggle with playing rugby on Saturday and I love my Sunday's hunting !

I'm very lucky to have girlfriend that loves the dogs and is never a problem me not being around because the dogs or as this Valentine's Day went we spent it digging and bushing lol

I will probably do a lot more hunting when I stop playing ! I think I do enough now to keep my dogs happy their fit healthy and love hunting they probably don't catch as much as so your lads dogs but numbers isn't my game total respect to the lads that live and breath it hopefully one day we catch a mooch and a good chin wag love to hear all the old hunt stories happy hunting !

• Like 1