Second Hand Rifles

Hello everyone, another quick question regarding purchasing second hand rifles, is there any major things I should look out for when buying a rifle other than visible damage? thanks again

make sure it goes bang when you pull the trigger :laugh:

If its wearing a moderator make sure it comes off without too much hassle.If it is tight the thing might not have been off for years and the end of the barrel could be eroded due to fouling. It can take the edge off accuracy but can be sorted. Its a bargaining point.

Edited by comanche
  • Like 1

Deker,is right most rimfires will out live there owners,rimfire 22 rifles are bomb proof, as regards centre fire, be careful make sure they haven't been shot out, a stalking rifle second hand isn't bad, so long as it's not too old,target rifles are a different matter some of them see thousands of rounds through them,and the throats are shot out,if you don't know it's history buy new, would be my advice.

• Like 1

My first rifle was a sako 75, bought from a shop, i had no idea how old it was but it had a swaro 8x50 and a pez moderator my boss at the time said it was a good deal. Its now shot out and away getting re-barrelled after 4-5 years and not all that many rounds through it, 400 upwards at a guess.