452 Silhouette Shoulder Pad

post-10759-0-83602300-1459443893_thumb.jpgpost-10759-0-16012500-1459443909_thumb.jpg

post-10759-0-31087100-1459443947_thumb.jpg

Never had this issue before, the shoulder pad has degraded, it's gone soft/sticky/rough/brittle all at the same time, you can just pull chunks off it.

Anyone had this problem?

Where did you get replacement pad from please?

Cheers

That's a bummer.

I'm not sure if you can get a replacement CZ one but after seeing that and the faffing around bonding another on. Would you want to bother?

An option would be a bisley adjustable but you would need a good file or flap disc for a grinder to shape it to the stock.

A couple of pilot holes and it would screw straight on.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/miscellaneous/bisrecoil-bisley-adjustable-alloy-backed-recoil-butt-shoulder-pad.html

My son's has gone exactly the same way. It's probably a job to the gunsmiths to get it sorted so it doesn't look like an ape has fitted it. I believe they are screwed on (even though the holes to put the screwdriver in have closed up) AND glued too.

As my son is tight, he's just taped it up. :laugh:

My son's has gone exactly the same way. It's probably a job to the gunsmiths to get it sorted so it doesn't look like an ape has fitted it. I believe they are screwed on (even though the holes to put the screwdriver in have closed up) AND glued too.

I resent your comment. Some of us know our way around the right end of of a screwdriver and the pritt-stick. Gunsmith...give over.

I resent your comment. Some of us know our way around the right end of of a screwdriver and the pritt-stick. Gunsmith...give over.

Perhaps gunsmith wasn't the word. "Someone other than me" is the phrase I was looking for. :D

And which is the right end of the screwdriver?

Perhaps gunsmith wasn't the word. "Someone other than me" is the phrase I was looking for. :D

And which is the right end of the screwdriver?

:laugh::thumbs: the blunt end you hit things with.

A bit of a result I think, and quite quick .....

This was delivered yesterday....

post-10759-0-86994100-1460194677_thumb.jpg

It contained this...

post-10759-0-13528500-1460194687_thumb.jpg

So the old came off and the new was fitted pronto..........

post-10759-0-43726200-1460194701_thumb.jpg

I think praise is due when deserved, and on this occasion I am exceedingly grateful to EB for their help, and the replacement shoulder pad (WHOLE NEW STOCK).

:thumbs:

• Like 2

It's never going to be easy to fit a pad to a plastic stock because there really isn't a way to grind it down without marking the stock.

I tend to fit rubber pads to my wooden stocks mainly to prevent slippage when shooting off sticks. Then it's just a case of re-finishing the stock with an oil finish.

post-72809-0-98020900-1460973270_thumb.jpg