Super Ten Help

I have a super ten carbine, think its a mark 2. I have not used it for a couple of years so decided to get it checked out, new magazine and seal on the bottle changed at my local shop

When I went to use a week later I loaded the gun and after about 4 or 5 shots the magazine jammed

I took it back to the shop and he told me I had 2 pellets stuck in the barrel, he got them out and asked me what pellets I shoot with as it could be the pellets I was using, I couldn't remember but knew I had them years so I bought some air arms Diablo field

When I went home I loaded the gun and it happened again, now I've had this gun years and never done it before ever so to do it twice is strange, feeling a knob I decided to take it to another shop who took the jammed pellets out

When I got back I hadn't had chance to try the gun until today and it's happened again so any advise would be welcome, the only thing that has changed is the new plastic type magazine instead of my old original super ten one

BSA magazines have never been the best and not indexing is not uncommon.

Try another mag.

It could also be the magazine cycling lever within the action. You can give it a little "tweek" up with a small screwdriver but I would check the mag first.

If the only thing that's changed is the mag id try a different mag but if it's putting two up the spout it doesn't sound like it's not indexing though more like a lack of power. Is the bottle deffinatly full? what happens when you dry fire it?

Edited by treecreeper

I have taken the gun to a different shop over the weekend and he still had some of the old style magazines. Bought one took it home and shot around 30 odd pellets through it without an issue so it must have been the other magazine I had previously bought

The newer mags sometimes need the indexing lever filling down, my r10 mags won't work in the mk2 superten, yet they work OK in the mk3 !

I would also chrono it and check the power, as it sounds like something ain't quite right anyhow, could be the reg needs a service if it was left empty for any length of time.

Edited by Rabid

It sounds like the trigger was not pressed between shots as to get two up the spout means the first one has not cleared. This is done by cycling the bolt twice and not pressing the trigger once.

It is not a Hatsan or an HW, which have anti double loading mechanisms, so two up the spout is easily done. Should have enough guts to fire two out though.

• Like 1

It is impossible to get a second pellet up the spout without pulling the bolt back then pressing it forward with the magazine still in place. I know! Therefore this double load is entirely down to operator error! If you get a misload, the bolt not closing properly, pull back, remove the magazine then close the bolt again and fire the gun, stops the second pellet going up the barrel.

Never had a problem with the BSA magazines!

Edited by secretagentmole

It is impossible to get a second pellet up the spout without pulling the bolt back then pressing it forward with the magazine still in place. I know! Therefore this double load is entirely down to operator error! If you get a misload, the bolt not closing properly, pull back, remove the magazine then close the bolt again and fire the gun, stops the second pellet going up the barrel.

I have owned this gun for about 7 or 8 years and never had an issue until I changed the magazine, strange that others on hear have also had similar issues as me, we can't all be knob jockeys who don't know how to load a gun

I have owned this gun for about 7 or 8 years and never had an issue until I changed the magazine, strange that others on hear have also had similar issues as me, we can't all be knob jockeys who don't know how to load a gun

Well I have news for you, the probe passes through the magazine, it goes right up the barrel with the pellet ahead of it.

The only way to get two up the barrel is to pull the bolt back, allow the magazine to rotate then push it forward without pulling the trigger.

There are three conclusions you can draw.

1) The safety catch was on, the gun did not fire so you shoved another one up the barrel before taking the safety catch off.

2) You did not pull the bolt back far enough or your trigger cocking mechanism is faulty, meaning you pulled the trigger but the gun did not fire before you cycled the bolt again.

3) You did not pay attention to what you were doing and managed to somehow get two pellets in one chamber of the magazine.

With one and two the distinct lack of noise emanating from the action of the hammer striking the valve should have told you that the gun did not fire, unless you were at a very noisy place, such as alongside a busy main road.

Assuming you were not in the location stipulated above you can quite clearly draw the conclusion that you could quite possibly be what you stated you were not!

With three Specsavers!

• Like 1