Different Coloured Bitches

That light brown/cream colour is popping up a lot more in litters I've noticed.

It;s the first time i have seen it, where do you think it,s coming from bull blood perhaps? it has a white streak down the face also it might make a nice looking pup but it;s workers we are looking for if only one could tell by the colour :laugh:

That light brown/cream colour is popping up a lot more in litters I've noticed.

It;s the first time i have seen it, where do you think it,s coming from bull blood perhaps? it has a white streak down the face also it might make a nice looking pup but it;s workers we are looking for if only one could tell by the colour :laugh:

Its definitely colouration from the bull my mates got a bull pup on same colour with the white on its head.

• Like 1

It could be the bull blood. Also seen this in dogs with no bull influenced blood at all but in their make up there's a lot of chocolate colour on both sides, also seen these colour dogs when bred out of black/choc terriers go on to have health issues heart trouble being the main but litter bro/sis of different colour never having it.

Best of luck with the pups mate , do they go back to any of the old lines ? Stout , blue stuff ?

Hello BlackBuck, Yes they go back to blue on both sides the grandmother of these pups on the dogs side is out of blue to a nuttall bitch and the grandmother on the bitch side is out of blue to a booth bitch. the father of the pups is our choc dog out of P.R. dog sergeant , i don't know if you have ever seen sergeant work he was a good dog retired early. i think stout would have been blue to a different bitch again. and just to confuse matters more blue was 3/4 patterdale 1/4 bedlington if i am not mistaken.

Blue was actually bred from a patterdale/Russell bitch to a patterdale/bedlington dog . He was bred in fivemile town by a fella , went to Belfast as a pup and then p.r bought him a young dog after seeing him work his first fox . Stout was out of a dog we had , also called stout , back to a bitch that was out of blue . The original stout dog had a touch of wheaten in him , thought this might have explained the colour in your pup but there's no connection. Saw the sergeant dog work a few times , was a decent dog . Had a chocolate dog here few seasons back that would have been related to him

• Like 1