They Don't Half Grow Fast!

Looking good mate .One of them a dog I'm guessing may need seperating before the 8 week mark .I'm of the opinion early bullying shapes a dog .

Foxdropper, I found this a very interesting comment and the impact it can have on a dogs working life.

Do you think that the bullying can have a significant impact on the pups being bullied and could result in them not making the grade later in life for this reason?

Also does the bully go on to be the good worker or can it work out the opposite, used to getting his own way and when he doesn't he walks or changes his style of work?

I know each dog and litter is different and its hard to generalise.

Maybe not right to compare, but we all see the effect that bullying can have on humans.

Thanks

Rebel

I think a pup bullied will have a different outlook on life from the start and may become withdrawn .A whole litter boisterous is another thing but a stronger pup in a litter will always better any smaller ,that's nature .If there's space I like to seperate the litter in two at least at around 4 to 5 week mark and let bitch into both if they still need her .Have seperated as young as 3 weeks because of bullying and kept one on his own .Everyone will have different views on this but that's mine .

• Like 4

That makes sense FD, I'm sure it would have a psychological effect on pups if left over a long period of time.

Do you think though, pups/dogs can be brought back to a reasonable level if worked on one to one? Or would it have long lasting effects if bullying had continued for a longer period?

Atb