• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have not had issues with nozzle blocking when pushing it into nests because it is such a rare occurrence. Typically you only get to treat an access point and even if you stab a nest there is not muc

Tiercel,..that is definitely a completely harmless, 'early season' Hoverfly...   Just cup her firmly in your bare hand,.. and gently release her outdoors....

Great Photo Moxy showing the eggs in there

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first call at the weekend for a wasp nest. Lady phoned in a panic, but due to my other work commitments was unable to help.

Also saw my first wasp of the season on Monday.

Any one else having the odd call or seeing wasps about??

Hi Shropshire Mole

Yes we have treated a few in the last 10 days or so all nests about the size of tennis balls in loft spaces found by plumbers and electricians. Not too many flying around just yet though here in Oxford

• Like 1

Having calls for wasps, all have been Mining, Mortar or other types of bumbles so far. Give advice to leave them be (pun intended). I am seeing queen wasps chewing on garden furniture, sheds and fence posts as I bimble about the place.

• Like 1

Iv not see anything other than a few Queens early on. One wasp call but I knew before I went it would be masonry bees, but it was local so I went for a look.

No bumble bees as yet..I'll dig out my diary from last year and check the dates of last year's firsts