Moon ?

I often think while looking at the moon.just how clever we are as a species to extract metals from the earth and fuel.then design and build a machine to travel to that distant planet and get back to earth.

Its an amazing process when you think where we are now compared to 200yrs ago.but I can't think to much about space as it blows my mind abit lol.

• Like 3

I often think while looking at the moon.just how clever we are as a species to extract metals from the earth and fuel.then design and build a machine to travel to that distant planet and get back to earth.

Its an amazing process when you think where we are now compared to 200yrs ago.but I can't think to much about space as it blows my mind abit lol.

Next step ...mars I hope I'm around to see that day ....our advancements as a species in such a short time is quite remarkable in its self ....I'm sure the conspiracy gang will be along in bit to say we have never been to the moon.

Next step ...mars I hope I'm around to see that day ....our advancements as a species in such a short time is quite remarkable in its self ....I'm sure the conspiracy gang will be along in bit to say we have never been to the moon.
Another mind bending thing is.

How did they time the time.as in 365 days.seconds.minutes.hrs.months.how the feck could they work out the length of a year.the people back in the day knew a lot more than the educated people of today.

• Like 1

Another mind bending thing is.

How did they time the time.as in 365 days.seconds.minutes.hrs.months.how the feck could they work out the length of a year.the people back in the day knew a lot more than the educated people of today.

With far less distractions back then people were far more in tune with the natural world and skys and all its phases they made story's based on the things they seen these story's later became the foundations of the religious books we have today .
  • Like 1

No light pollution made it a lot easier to observe the changes in the night sky too. Even out in the country these days you can't see half of what they could back in the day because of light pollution.

• Like 1

That sounds about right kanny it is deep stuff though for the head to take in.

I'm sure not everyone will agree but that's the conclusion I've come to ... it makes your Mellon hurt for sure ...what's it all about? Why does it all exist in the first place ? Age old Questions like that I can't even begin to comprehend.

That sounds about right kanny it is deep stuff though for the head to take in.

I'm sure not everyone will agree but that's the conclusion I've come to ... it makes your Mellon hurt for sure ...what's it all about? Why does it all exist in the first place ? Age old Questions like that I can't even begin to comprehend.
You are right it batters the brain ive just been looking at hubble pics they are very hard to believe it's just crazy the size they say they are these space dust clouds etc.http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/

In pictures. Pic 31 how can they say it's that tall.

Prest pause bottom left of he picture screen.

Edited by king

We are programmed from the day we are born that everything has a beginning and end, every second, minute, hour, day, inch, metre and so on. We just cannot comprehend infinity, where there is no beginning or end. Even typing this now I am trying to visualise it and I can't, because I am always looking for a start point and an end point.

TC

• Like 1