22 Hornet

I'm looking for a 22 hornet at the moment. I'm a leftie and I have a CZ452 and a Tikka 223 in left handed, but it seems not many manufacturers offer left handed hornets. I see Ruger do, but I'm not really that keen on them so I'll probably have to go for a regular right handed one. (My 308 is right handed and I get on with that OK.)

I'm erring towards a CZ527. :hmm:

Any other suggestions worth looking at? Note: I don't want anything with one of those funny "wrong sided" cheekpieces. :thumbs:

I'm looking for a 22 hornet at the moment. I'm a leftie and I have a CZ452 and a Tikka 223 in left handed, but it seems not many manufacturers offer left handed hornets. I see Ruger do, but I'm not really that keen on them so I'll probably have to go for a regular right handed one. (My 308 is right handed and I get on with that OK.)

I'm erring towards a CZ527. :hmm:

Any other suggestions worth looking at? Note: I don't want anything with one of those funny "wrong sided" cheekpieces. :thumbs:

I picked up my CZ527 (.17 Hornet) just over a week ago. I like it Walshie. :yes: . The bolt started off a bit gritty, but soon slickens up with use. Like you have Tikkas in my cabinet (and an Anschutz) so this is my first CZ. All I can say is that it will not be my last if this 527 is anything to go by. :thumbs:

• Like 1

long story short but i owned my brno twice once in the 80's-90's when i put probably getting on for 900-1k rds a years through it and from about 7-8 years back and put somewhere around 2-300 rds a years through it couldnt fault it it literally did everything ! not the slickest bolt when open but "they dont spend much time open " no faults at all only down side was the trigger was a bit heavy for me now and couldnt get it lower without working on the sear ,if you do reload try lill gun and small pistol primers it worked brilliant for me ive tikkas/sako and howas and cant fault the cz/brno even comparing them

It may sound daft Walshie but if you bought something like a CZ 527 in right hand and couldn't get on with it because of the right handed stock...

You could probably order another stock which was left hand or Ambi from somewhere like Boyds and you just have the bolt to contend with then.

Only thing you'd have to make sure of with that is that the bolt handle notch is in the right place.

Just a thought.

It may sound daft Walshie but if you bought something like a CZ 527 in right hand and couldn't get on with it because of the right handed stock...

You could probably order another stock which was left hand or Ambi from somewhere like Boyds and you just have the bolt to contend with then.

Only thing you'd have to make sure of with that is that the bolt handle notch is in the right place.

Just a thought.

Yeah, I'll have to test a few. I've got a r/h Howa and a 10/22 which are only r/h and seem to get on with both of them. Ideally I'd prefer not to have to change stocks etc. Being cack-handed is real pain sometimes. :laugh:

I shoot left handed and shoot a cz527 in 223, I shoot it fine but phoned a few places like Jackson rifles to see if I could get another stock for it but no good still can't find one something to do with it being a mauser action or something

• Like 1

I shoot left handed and shoot a cz527 in 223, I shoot it fine but phoned a few places like Jackson rifles to see if I could get another stock for it but no good still can't find one something to do with it being a mauser action or something

Good to know you shoot it fine. I'm only getting it as an "in-between" calibre to stick my night vision on and not have to keep swapping it between guns.

That's what I was going to do but been told the 17 hornet would be better for nv

I've wanted a 22 hornet for a while but now I don't know which one to apply for

I'll let you know as soon as it stops raining. Surely there can't be much left up there??? :hmm:

I've got a ruger .22 hornet. Nice rifle, shoots well. I'm after selling it to try a .17 now I have my license back with a ticket for one

Biggest mistake I made was selling my hornet :censored: good all round rifle. Cannot really see what .17 can offer what the hornet does not already. Boys with toys eh! well hopefully I will soon have found my ideal 3 rifle set up without swapping and chopping again, got a .22 rimfire a 6.5x55 just need the .222 and hopefully I won't be buying anymore ………….fat chance :laugh:

• Like 2