Pics Of The 'vision' Incubator

LILTHEDON...here are some pics of the incubator as requested.

It is a still air type, and eggs have to be hand turned. The side door opens and the whole tray can be removed, and there are two sliding perspex covers on top which allow top access.

I have 45 eggs of mixed sizes in it at the mo, but it may take about sixty if they were smallish, or forty large.

008.jpg

009_1.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Edited by Greyface

I haven't used any incubators before, so I really haven't much idea.

It is a solid thing and seems to be simple in its operation. I just have an egg cup full of water in it at the mo...I didn't know you could put water in the tray. It is still possible to buy instructions for this model, so I will get some soon.

I've filled it with 21 Oxford eggs, and 24 others made up of 12 light sussex bantie cross things and a dozen eggs I bought from a local who keeps a mixture of large fowl for laying.

With a bit of luck I will hatch a few.

Thanks guys.

I haven't used any incubators before, so I really haven't much idea.

It is a solid thing and seems to be simple in its operation. I just have an egg cup full of water in it at the mo...I didn't know you could put water in the tray. It is still possible to buy instructions for this model, so I will get some soon.

I've filled it with 21 Oxford eggs, and 24 others made up of 12 light sussex bantie cross things and a dozen eggs I bought from a local who keeps a mixture of large fowl for laying.

With a bit of luck I will hatch a few.

Thanks guys.

any baking tray or foil tray that will fit in will do and buy a humidty vauge to put in with eggs i find as a rule the more warer the better atb im after an oxford ginger cock if you know of any spare

The more water the better you end up with chick's growing to big in the egg and not having enough room to pip out. Humidity wants to be around 40%-45% for the 1st 18 days then rise it up to 65%-70% for the last 3 days hatching. There's one of these machines on ebay atm. Incubated hatched chick's with bent toes is down to humidity being wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help.

I only managed to hatch 9 out of the forty five I set in the incubator. One game fowl and the others are broody type crosses.

I think I chilled some of the eggs when I stupidly added cold water to the base sponge.

Now it's all heat lamps and work with the motherless chicks.

The good news is that I've got 10 cracking game fowl chicks, a week old, running under a good cross broody.

Chicken-man, all the 10 chicks are out of that trio I set up with the birds you kindly gave me, and one of the pullets is brooding eleven eggs. One of the stags was with the red hen from Oxfordshire (she is brooding about 14 eggs from that pairing), and is now with a red X grey pullet just to see what that might produce. The other red stag and the brown red pullet were swapped for some brown reds (pics to go on a new thread soon)...The man was delighted with them and says the stag was very keen to meet the neebors.

My greys are looking well, but the pullets were late hatched last year, so there will be a wait for chicks from them this year.

Edited by Greyface
  • Like 1