Hi mate its for my mums ebt it gets sores on its feet , the vet has been prescribing malaseb but they are charging her just under £50 a bottle which im my opinion is very expensive , is there anything else you could reccomend instead ??

Hi mate its for my mums ebt it gets sores on its feet , the vet has been prescribing malaseb but they are charging her just under £50 a bottle which im my opinion is very expensive , is there anything else you could reccomend instead ??

sounds like an allergy problem there's a powder called thornit it's cheap give that a try

OK. Now here's what I'd do. As a trial. I'd just forget the malaseb for the time being.

I would get myself an order of Camrosa oil ordered.

http://www.camrosa.co.uk/products/starter-pack

Use the shampoo as directed, then have a good look and see where the sores emerge. Treat these with the oil. You'll be amazed.

Also, I'd be putting the EBT on a fully raw diet and see what happens. But obviously these changes need staggering, just so you know, for sure, which is effective.

• Like 2

OK. Now here's what I'd do. As a trial. I'd just forget the malaseb for the time being.

I would get myself an order of Camrosa oil ordered.

http://www.camrosa.co.uk/products/starter-pack

Use the shampoo as directed, then have a good look and see where the sores emerge. Treat these with the oil. You'll be amazed.

Also, I'd be putting the EBT on a fully raw diet and see what happens. But obviously these changes need staggering, just so you know, for sure, which is effective.

Cheers for the reply mate , camrosa has been ordered and is going to try on raw will let u know how it works

• Like 1

You can get it from vet-medic.com, £15.60 for 250ml but... you need a prescription from your vet.

I wanted some and googled maleseb and found something organic very similar with no prescription called Dermopt, it worked and about £13 for 300ml delivered.

Hth

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

You can get it from vet-medic.com, £15.60 for 250ml but... you need a prescription from your vet.

I wanted some and googled maleseb and found something organic very similar with no prescription called Dermopt, it worked and about £13 for 300ml delivered.

Hth

Cheers, D.

Cheers for that have also told her about the shampoo if the camrosa dosent work but doing some reaserch on it it looks like great stuff thanks for all the replys

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The diet is a good place to start especially if on cheap or high protein dry food ,it can give SOME dogs allergic reactions.

Another suggestion is take what ever medication look at the ingredients and look at a horse or sheep equivalent,as they don't usually need prescriptions

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...