New 4K Tvs

I bought the new 4K ultra HD curved Samsung 55" smart TV but haven't a clue how to use it lol

Picture in HD is very, very good.

The Mrs says it's too life like ??? That's why I bought for the quality. There's so much you can do on it but I just don't know how to do it.

I bought the new 4K ultra HD curved Samsung 55" smart TV but haven't a clue how to use it lol

The Mrs says it's too life like ??? That's why I bought for the quality. There's so much you can do on it but I just don't know how to do it.

kind of think the same about the life like not sure if you can even call them tvs any more this one I got is voice activated

If we all stopped buying TV's the government would give you one for free, how else they going to brain wash the masses so efficiently?

Yes but we wanna be brainwashed with the best crisp picture & surround sound.....

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 3

kind of think the same about the life like not sure if you can even call them tvs any more this one I got is voice activated

If we all stopped buying TV's the government would give you one for free, how else they going to brain wash the masses so efficiently?

Check out the lyrics to "bullet in the head" by rage Against the machine.... Them boys had it sussed years ago :thumbs:

Took me a while to get used to hd... I've heard a few say that there struggling with 4k.

The life like effect is to do with motion plus (on samsungs) might be called something different on other makes.

To do away with the "sope opera" effect that in my opinion ruins films, goto menu/picture/motion plus and set it to off or low. Your picture will look normal again.

4k is superb with hd signals, but shows up standard definition for what it is, crap.

Anyone considering getting a "big" screen, take a look a projection. I watch films on a 106" screen projected and you cant beat it for size and effect.

I saw something the other day about how it's just as important to get the right sized TV for your room. From what I've seen with very large screens in average sized rooms there's a lot of truth in that.........the picture just doesn't seem right to me.

I saw something the other day about how it's just as important to get the right sized TV for your room. From what I've seen with very large screens in average sized rooms there's a lot of truth in that.........the picture just doesn't seem right to me.

Yep it's all about the content, the vast majority of folk still watch SD on their 50" HD TV and don't understand why the picture is a blocky mess.