Feeding Mackerel To A Dog

mine like them!

Not sure if its coincidence or not but whenever I have fed them straight out of the sea (within a couple of hours) they have always been sick. If they have been frozen and defrosted... never an issue... Dont understand why

Ive fed them both with guts in and out, never noticed any real difference to whether they like them more/less

• Like 2

mine like them!

Not sure if its coincidence or not but whenever I have fed them straight out of the sea (within a couple of hours) they have always been sick. If they have been frozen and defrosted... never an issue... Dont understand why

Salt content .......

mine like them!

Salt content .......

You mean just whats left on the skin? Sounds reasonable I suppose although I cant imagine there'd be a great deal on there

Got some frozen mackerel from the fish quay, guts still in, and heads and tails on, does anybody feed their dogs with them like that, and are they keen to eat totally raw fish ?

I would gut them first personally some wouldn't and just throw it to the dog as is.

You will soon see if he likes them or not mate.

Edited by king

Cheers king, my old dog poached my bag of raw fish then spewed it all back up the greedy oaf, that was'nt mackerel though lol

That will teach him for being greedy lol.most of the small fishmongers have gone now.they wouldn't have much problem giving the heads and tails away.

A frozen mackerel on a hot summers day goes down a treat with the dog.