Bedlington Bushing

forest

My pure beddy bitch is very biddable close in but when on a line theres no stopping her, she will only enter thick cover on a scent but will hunt a wood like a hound on command yipping away lol ....always discouraged her from dropping in though which as worked for me upto yet but shes only two so still time for the odd accident lol

• Like 1

Is that because they are shit ? Lol

Many are as they are KC bred,good-uns are as good,if not better,than most at bushing and ratching about.The right type of bushing Beddy is faster,more agile,as more stamina than the average terrier.Ive owned,grafted and been amongst many a good bushing terrier type mutt,there is not a lot of difference betwixt them all,until you witness a useful Beddy,they have that little bit extra,that little bit extra aids the days hunting,my lads Beddy busher accounted for 2 fox in cover last year,3 this season,2 of which he chased and caught,at 14" and 14lb he does ok for a "shit" Beddy.

Yes that can be used for bushing, but if they get there nose down they'll be gone and go deaf as f@@k on recall, plus take a shovel just in case.

Total rubbish,a bushing terrier will bush to the standard its been educated to,let them get out of control and any terrier will bush to its own devices,away and out of sight and sound.Educate and train them to bush to the owners command and the "bush" is under control.Ive found Bedlingtons to be more responsive to control and command than many a terrier ive owned.Ive put 1 bedlington into a pet home because it was ignorant to command,possibly my fault as i did not have the expertise to educate and train it better.Id expect any bushing terrier to enter,a terrier that did not enter id not be happy with,yet it would be worth its weight in gold on some ground.

Yes that can be used for bushing, but if they get there nose down they'll be gone and go deaf as f@@k on recall, plus take a shovel just in case.

Total rubbish,a bushing terrier will bush to the standard its been educated to,let them get out of control and any terrier will bush to its own devices,away and out of sight and sound.Educate and train them to bush to the owners command and the "bush" is under control.Ive found Bedlingtons to be more responsive to control and command than many a terrier ive owned.Ive put 1 bedlington into a pet home because it was ignorant to command,possibly my fault as i did not have the expertise to educate and train it better.Id expect any bushing terrier to enter,a terrier that did not enter id not be happy with,yet it would be worth its weight in gold on some ground.
. Edited by Spence75

Morton my bitch is kc reg shes bred from a working granitor dog and a working bakabak bitch and shes far from shit lol....i agree most of the kc show bred are more than likely shite but my bitch sounds just like the type youve described in your post, kc bred beddys shouldnt all be tarred with the same brush.

• Like 1

Morton my bitch is kc reg shes bred from a working granitor dog and a working bakabak bitch and shes far from shit lol....i agree most of the kc show bred are more than likely shite but my bitch sounds just like the type youve described in your post, kc bred beddys shouldnt all be tarred with the same brush.

Edited by Spence75

The best Bedlington ive ever had the pleasure to work was more KC than anything else,she was not the norm and as she was bred many generations ago the KC,s bred since have fared worse with every generation.All the Beddy hybrids i work now are bred directly from her,i bred away from her once and lost the work ethic,line breeding back to her was my salvation,the Beddy/Fell combo,s whatever % is the Beddy salvation.Another thing i found with Bedlingtons was to breed away from the Granitor influence,its finding the minority of Granitor,s worth breeding from,before anybody gets into their high seat the vast,vast majority of bedlingtons are not worth breeding from,fact.Ill agree we should not tar them all with the same brush,just the majority of them if we are to be honest,happy hunting mucker.