Update On Jasper - Lots Of Pictures

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well Jaspers getting a big boy now I post all my pictures on Facebook but will find some of the best of him and upload to here for you all to see

Some from today

15th may is the best most recent one   Ps. Happy first birthday Jasper

Posted Images

The "red thing" is a slip lead made into a figure of 8 as a halti - he pulls like a freight train and likes to hop on his back legs like a kangaroo when he goes out so this way it helps to keep him under control and focused on the person walking him not to mention this way he's not strangling himself as he tries to pull - the lead comes off once we have got to where we are walking away from roads

Looking good lass. well done Jasper .. The 2 other pups i know of are looking to be fine animals..the bitch is light on its toes and built for speed..and the dog is just simply a "Beast". . its a lump of a dog with some more growing to do yet..

Looking good lass. well done Jasper .. The 2 other pups i know of are looking to be fine animals..the bitch is light on its toes and built for speed..and the dog is just simply a "Beast". . its a lump of a dog with some more growing to do yet..

So proud of them both as you know what they are like around food so glad there was no fight and more working as a team than anything else - the blue staffy bitch that you've seen (I think) is looking for a new home as she doesn't get on with our others and it's not fair on any of them (she would probably make a pretty good worker too which is upsetting) but need to do what's best for her and the others

He caught another today - not as big, also didn't see this one he just went into the bushes and fetched it out we thought it was a dead one till it started running - although this time jasper helped to dispatch of it by pulling its head off and swollowing whole as Adam was trying to get him to drop it ? Think it's safe to say Jasper definitely knows what he's doing now

He caught another today - not as big, also didn't see this one he just went into the bushes and fetched it out we thought it was a dead one till it started running - although this time jasper helped to dispatch of it by pulling its head off and swollowing whole as Adam was trying to get him to drop it Think it's safe to say Jasper definitely knows what he's doing now

No offence but a Lurcher isn't suppose to be killing and eating what it catches it is supposed to bring it back unmarked so you can eat it. Sounds like the dog is getting possisive maybe with the other dogs there its trying to eat so they cant have it.

He caught another today - not as big, also didn't see this one he just went into the bushes and fetched it out we thought it was a dead one till it started running - although this time jasper helped to dispatch of it by pulling its head off and swollowing whole as Adam was trying to get him to drop it Think it's safe to say Jasper definitely knows what he's doing now

No offence but a Lurcher isn't suppose to be killing and eating what it catches it is supposed to bring it back unmarked so you can eat it. Sounds like the dog is getting possisive maybe with the other dogs there its trying to eat so they cant have it.

He does fetch them back unmarked but just became a bit confused today as Adam didn't get there quick enough and told him to drop it after telling him to catch it again as it ran off then telling him to fetch etc think it was just a weird one over all happened pretty fast and don't think he wanted princess to get it - we don't eat rabbit i don't eat meat myself and the rabbits they catch are for them so doesn't make any difference to us plus a woman was close by watching us which I don't think helped the atmosphere etc

It's only his second rabbit he's caught so plenty of room for improvement not saying it's all prefect yet but I'm still rather proud of him

Hopefully once we have a car on the road etc he will see a lot more work but for now it's just what he finds on our usual walks - when it's season again etc we might take Vin up on his offer for him to talk us all out with his dogs as well as Jasper

I mean it's still early days he's only a year old plenty of years yet for him to perfect his technique

well done jasper. he looks to have made a nice size. you got any recent pics of him stood side on?

15th may is the best most recent one :)

Ps. Happy first birthday Jasper

thanks for the pic. hes looks like hes got a big old lump of a head on him. looks well too, what height has he finished at?