.22 Pellet Choice Help/advice Please.

I use them in all my HW guns ,But at 64 yards head shot was with my HW100kt with hawke night eye sr6 one of the best scopes Hawke made imo

My shooting partner could not believe it .

Been using Falcon Accuracy Plus for a few years now ,through the HW100k running @ 623-628 fps

I use them in all my HW guns ,But at 64 yards head shot was with my HW100kt with hawke night eye sr6 one of the best scopes Hawke made imo

Been using Falcon Accuracy Plus for a few years now ,through the HW100k running @ 623-628 fps

how do you think they go in my gas ram bsa lightning .22?

i have night eye scope but half mildot ret i like them ?
  • Like 1

how do you think they go in my gas ram bsa lightning .22?

meant to be very good in BSA PCP Guns dont know about spring guns

At the end of the day, the pellet to use is the one suited to your barrel, irrespective of worrying about FPS with different ammo. Draw up a short list at say 30 yds, and then extend it to your farthest distance. This will sort the wheat from the chaff, as a few brands/ head size will be equally as good at shorter ranges. BSA barrels tend to favour a larger head size, give the barrel a good clean after trying pellets from different manufacturers, but bear in mind JSB make ammo for different brands so need to worry about cleaning so much with similar pellets.Always try a good few pellets when changing, to "lead in"

As some have said, there is little point in a 12ft lb simply using the fastest or most ft/lb pellet.

You need accuracy and repeatability.

The difference in speed/ft lb is of no use if you can't deliver that energy constantly and accurately.