First fish!

Just had to put this one on! I was lucky enough to get the chance to try my hand at salmon fishing this week! MT did a mole job for a friend of a friend, bit awkward when it came to price - so swap was arranged to fish his bit of water. Not MTs thing but as I have done a little bit of fly fishing offer was passed to me. Went out on monday for a couple of hours without any luck, but wonderful time walking riverbank, anyway aparently with a good tide yesterday and a few more inches of water in the river Today was set to be a good day. fished a few areas but nothing. Having never fished with a centre pin reel and moving worm before ( stett-lining apparently), I thought that this patch must be a bit stoney as felt as if the lead or hook were getting caught, got that wrong didnt I extra tug to try and free line and realised that it wasnt stones! Got down river of fish with a bit of guidence from my friend and slowly worked the fish into the shore. Wonderful Cock fish with sea lice still attached.

MT reakons Im rotten to have knocked it on the head! :tongue2: just trying to make me feel guilty! Couldnt believe it when weighed 10 1/2 Lb. Gonna have to get my fly line out of retirement and get back out again. What a great day,

post-5744-1195838666_thumb.jpg

post-5744-1195838690_thumb.jpg

Cracking fish, spot on! :thumbs:

Never been fly fishing, i'm a sea angler myself, but i've been tempted to try.

I'm glad you kept the fish though, what's the point of releasing a fish you can eat unless you have a keep-net full!

Just had to put this one on! I was lucky enough to get the chance to try my hand at salmon fishing this week! MT did a mole job for a friend of a friend, bit awkward when it came to price - so swap was arranged to fish his bit of water. Not MTs thing but as I have done a little bit of fly fishing offer was passed to me. Went out on monday for a couple of hours without any luck, but wonderful time walking riverbank, anyway aparently with a good tide yesterday and a few more inches of water in the river Today was set to be a good day. fished a few areas but nothing. Having never fished with a centre pin reel and ledgering with worm before I thought that this patch must be a bit stoney as felt as if the lead or hook were getting caught, got that wrong didnt I extra tug to try and free line and realised that it wasnt stones! Got down river of fish with a bit of guidence from my friend and slowly worked the fish into the shore. Wonderful Cock fish with sea lice still attached.

MT reakons Im rotten to have knocked it on the head! :tongue2: just trying to make me feel guilty! Couldnt believe it when weighed 10 1/2 Lb. Gonna have to get my fly line out of retirement and get back out again. What a great day,

Well done, smashing fish, I bet you was buzzing after landing that, well done :clapper:

Edited by leegreen
Just had to put this one on! I was lucky enough to get the chance to try my hand at salmon fishing this week! MT did a mole job for a friend of a friend, bit awkward when it came to price - so swap was arranged to fish his bit of water. Not MTs thing but as I have done a little bit of fly fishing offer was passed to me. Went out on monday for a couple of hours without any luck, but wonderful time walking riverbank, anyway aparently with a good tide yesterday and a few more inches of water in the river Today was set to be a good day. fished a few areas but nothing. Having never fished with a centre pin reel and ledgering with worm before I thought that this patch must be a bit stoney as felt as if the lead or hook were getting caught, got that wrong didnt I extra tug to try and free line and realised that it wasnt stones! Got down river of fish with a bit of guidence from my friend and slowly worked the fish into the shore. Wonderful Cock fish with sea lice still attached.

Well done, smashing fish, I bet you was buzzing after landing that, well done :clapper:

Ted's over the moon for you, the rest of us are jealous! Tell MT he would have done the same! Cheers, D.

Guest HUTCHIE
Just had to put this one on! I was lucky enough to get the chance to try my hand at salmon fishing this week! MT did a mole job for a friend of a friend, bit awkward when it came to price - so swap was arranged to fish his bit of water. Not MTs thing but as I have done a little bit of fly fishing offer was passed to me. Went out on monday for a couple of hours without any luck, but wonderful time walking riverbank, anyway aparently with a good tide yesterday and a few more inches of water in the river Today was set to be a good day. fished a few areas but nothing. Having never fished with a centre pin reel and moving worm before ( stett-lining apparently), I thought that this patch must be a bit stoney as felt as if the lead or hook were getting caught, got that wrong didnt I extra tug to try and free line and realised that it wasnt stones! Got down river of fish with a bit of guidence from my friend and slowly worked the fish into the shore. Wonderful Cock fish with sea lice still attached.

well done some fish you should give yourself a pat on the back :clapper::clapper::victory: