Concealed Carry To Combat Terrorism ?

In the wake of the tragic atrocities in Paris yesterday, I can't help feeling that concelaed carry may have reduced the death toll, particularly in the Bataclan concert hall. Do you think I am right, or would allowing handguns for private citizens in Europe cause more problems and allow easier access to weapons for would be terrorists and criminals in general.

Perhaps an alternative is to deploy more plain clothes armed defence personal throughout the areas of dense population.

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe so in yalls countries but here in North America the concealed carry citizens are not dumb@$$'s. It's not just a license you go down and purchase and then you have the right to carry, it's a c

Special forces have been deployed to the streets of Britain as of today for this reason!   "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."   I obviously think there is r

Every major city in America that's run and ruled by liberal progressive idiology has a much higher crime rate than those that are not. Take the guns out of the hands of law abidding citizens a

I think main events and high risk venues should have properly train planned clothe officers who are armed at them....

Maybe the government can employ some of the lads out the army/ex army to go as armed plain officers and have them at airports train stations football matches ect ect

Use some of the money they keep using on foreign aid

These fuckers are trained to military standards back in their homeland, playing Cowboys and Indians would be a huge disaster IMO.

I kind of agree that in some cases it could lead to a biof a cowboy saloon science but imagine two attackers in a room killing people one by one .imagin if there was a properly trained ex para ex sas in there with them who was armed ...

There would be a lot more survivors I'd expect...

These fuckers are trained to military standards back in their homeland, playing Cowboys and Indians would be a huge disaster IMO.

I kind of agree that in some cases it could lead to a biof a cowboy saloon science but imagine two attackers in a room killing people one by one .imagin if there was a properly trained ex para ex sas in there with them who was armed ...

There would be a lot more survivors I'd expect...

Well if we're talking ex SAS then of course, the terrorists would just go back to methods they do best... Blowing themselves up.

Special forces have been deployed to the streets of Britain as of today for this reason!

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

I obviously think there is room for discussion on the issue of civilians being armed. If only 1 in 100 citizens were competent carriers then such attacks would be short lived imo.

A frenchman on the news having his story relayed was quoted as saying words to the effect of "the most terrifying thing was not having a gun to fight back, we were helpless"...

• Like 8

Just what that situation needed, a load of scared, untrained people with firearms letting off pot shots :icon_eek:

If we're going to have a serious discussion about this concept then there are plenty of options to consider. If total freedom to carry is considered too liberal then a trained 'militia', for lack of a better term, is an alternative. Civilians trained to military standards who are then permitted a concealed carry license.

It won't happen in Britain mind.

• Like 3