RussBoy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We Bush to both mate.my advice is never buy a red bushing dog..ha

I have done both with my bushing dog...But something pushed out and CAUGHT as opposed to pushed out and SHOT is far better - I would take the Lurcher over the gun ANY DAY.

Collies just started bleeding today so think o will line a nice whippet or similar up for her

In my limited experience with terrier/whippets they are hit and miss keen and agile but then basically a terrier that can be 3 fields away in a blink of an eye mine was very willful re roaming miles off and bad recall and you wouldnt want to eat the rabs she caught!

I reckon it's got a lot to do with the terrier blood used? And the whippet I suppose. I've seen plenty of both with a stubborn side and won't do a thing they are told.

This terrier I've got here is really biddable and obedient, never goes too far. That type of terrier crossed with a decent working whippet could make handy types I reckon.

• Like 1

In my limited experience with terrier/whippets they are hit and miss keen and agile but then basically a terrier that can be 3 fields away in a blink of an eye mine was very willful re roaming miles off and bad recall and you wouldnt want to eat the rabs she caught!

I reckon it's got a lot to do with the terrier blood used? And the whippet I suppose. I've seen plenty of both with a stubborn side and won't do a thing they are told.

This terrier I've got here is really biddable and obedient, never goes too far. That type of terrier crossed with a decent working whippet could make handy types I reckon.

:thumbs:

You planning on putting a whip over your bitch then Gaz?

You planning on putting a whip over your bitch then Gaz?

I dunno mate. Not rushing into anything. A lot of hassle having a litter I reckon. Would be a shame not to breed her to a decent Plummer and put some decent Plummer pups on the ground, there's a lot of crap ones out there and I think the decent ones need their genes passing onto future generations.

I don't really need or want another dog yet. Got 3 under 3 years old here so we will have to see.

Its often feck all to do with the breeding,the stewardship any dog encounters is the biggest factor in how the mutt works,or is allowed to.

Its often feck all to do with the breeding,the stewardship any dog encounters is the biggest factor in how the mutt works,or is allowed to.

There's a few on here who've got a dog what's a pain in the arse, stubborn, headstrong etc, yet all their mutts before were not a problem.

How would you explain that if its not the breeding?

mine was jrt× bullwhippet ive been told the bullwhippet line is well known for being stubborn so jrt was never really gonna help! Still a nice dog though never seen anything move over wooded hillsides etc quicker

mine was jrt× bullwhippet ive been told the bullwhippet line is well known for being stubborn so jrt was never really gonna help! Still a nice dog though never seen anything move over wooded hillsides etc quicker

Sounds a handy little mix that for knocking about with. You got any pics?