Athletics Doping

It's a very shady business, just legalise PED's I say. If the athletes want to take drugs they do so knowing the risks, they will never stop it so they might as well embrace it.

Thats like saying murder is part of society,we will never be able to stop it......so we might as well legalise it.

If we give up on the rules of sport then we give up on sport itself.

• Like 6

It's a very shady business, just legalise PED's I say. If the athletes want to take drugs they do so knowing the risks, they will never stop it so they might as well embrace it.

Thats like saying murder is part of society,we will never be able to stop it......so we might as well legalise it.

I reckon there's a big difference between PED taking and murder, how do we tackle it then?

I reckon there's a big difference between PED taking and murder, how do we tackle it then?

Making sure the agencies that test for them are properly funded and independent would be a start :yes:

Making PEDs legal to use would open up so many chances for abuse it'd be a disaster, young kids just getting into sport being pressured to use them etc :no:

• Like 2

Making sure the agencies that test for them are properly funded and independent would be a start :yes:

Making PEDs legal to use would open up so many chances for abuse it'd be a disaster, young kids just getting into sport being pressured to use them etc :no:

I agree it would be a disaster for sport and kids who did not want PEDs could not compete, the health effects would be horrendous and careers would be short and sport would become a dangerous freakshow. Unfortunately I don't think we will ever be able to stop cheats but we have to suppress them as much as possible.
  • Like 1

you really don't believe they are pressured into taking drugs nowadays? Go watch the documentary Bigger, Faster, Stronger.

The agencies are corrupt and are bought off, go read up on the Mayweather scandal. The man is almost certainly a lying, cheating two faced hypocrite. Accusing Pacquiao of cheating and of his team wanting to clean up the sport when he's been doing it all along. Sport is corrupt full stop, bout time folk got their heads out of the sand.

• Like 3
State sponsored doping.............. did the Cold war ever really end?

The Yanks and Brits were just as bad as the Soviets, go read up on our very own Allan Wells, a cheat just like Linford Christie. Poor Ben Johnson was nothing but a scapegoat, funny how the Americans forget their darling Carl Lewis tested positive for banned substances just before the games.

Edited by DogFox123
  • Like 2

you really don't believe they are pressured into taking drugs nowadays? Go watch the documentary Bigger, Faster, Stronger.

The agencies are corrupt and are bought off, go read up on the Mayweather scandal. The man is almost certainly a lying, cheating two faced hypocrite. Accusing Pacquiao of cheating and of his team wanting to clean up the sport when he's been doing it all along. Sport is corrupt full stop, bout time folk got their heads out of the sand.

I'm saying the pressure would be worse if they were legal, that's just a fact.

I know the testing agencies are fecked, that's why I said make sure they're properly funded and independent. I don't think anyone would deny the testing system and agencies need serious reform but to say the current rules aren't being enforced properly so let's just have no rules is just silly.

I'm saying the pressure would be worse if they were legal, that's just a fact.

I know the testing agencies are fecked, that's why I said make sure they're properly funded and independent. I don't think anyone would deny the testing system and agencies need serious reform but to say the current rules aren't being enforced properly so let's just have no rules is just silly.

If they were legalised then there would be more scientific research looking into making the drugs safer, combating the side affects. Scientists can't even agree how damaging they are to the body on the documentaries I've seen. When you have the likes of Money Mayweather giving you backhanders then that's easier said than done.

More money spent on research and development into making safer drugs instead of focusing on beating the tests would be the one positive to come from legalising their use but I don't think it would offset the harm personally.

More money spent on research and development into making safer drugs instead of focusing on beating the tests would be the one positive to come from legalising their use but I don't think it would offset the harm personally.

That's the thing, even scientists can't agree on how harmful they are.

I think the only way things will change is with the athletes themselves. It's them that need to embrace testing and show and shout to the world they are clean. Right now its seen as a hindrance and an intrusion but as soon as they get on with it the better. With interviews going like "Yer i came third but i've met every test put in front of me, i'm clean, wanna test me again, feel free..!" Where's the pressure and focus with that, right with first and second thats where!

Making sport clean can ONLY come from the athletes...