After Market Tuning Kits For Bsa Lightning

I have a tx200hc in .177 but recently bought a bsa lighting for lamping on foot on long treks as the tx was just to heavy for me on the fell sides i lamp.Trouble is its .22 but recoils very sharp.Does the vmac kits fit all new and old lightings??I also hear the welsh willy kits are very smooth after fitting.Anyone done any tuning on theres or could suggest a way of damping down the harsh recoil.

I made my own tuning kit . for a 177 an xs spring .a tight derlin spring guide .a top hat made out of high carbon steel with the center drilled out to make it lighter , it was then harded and tempered and polished . all so I made a ptfe washer and dropped that in the piston for the top hat to twist on .It improved the gun a lot,smoother and quieter but you still have to have a knack to shooting it .I would think it will be a problem if you put a lamp on the gun maybe if you practice with a lamp on the gun has a lot of kick . I put a laser on my lightning and used night vision . I have thought about making a very heavy silencer ( moderator) on my lightning to stop recoil , then just the trigger to go . OR GET A BETTER GUN .

Edited by barrywhite

With what you would spend on tuning the BSA you would be better buying a Hatsan 900 breaker, available from Browns in Sheffield for £69.95! It has a lousy but predictable trigger, is low recoiling but is full powered and has a silencer on as well. It is light, has a walnut stock and if you want a cheap gun for night work, well you will do a lot worse (as you found out by buying the damned BSA).

DSCN0297_zpset5ek35i.jpg

DSCN0288_zpsot9bouau.jpg

Cheers for replys fellas looks like ive been had for the 235 ive dished out ha ha

the gun you have is ok I have shot loads of rabbits and rats . the gun is light weight and easy to carry but for accuracy a heavy spring gun is better but that is understood by you withy an aa tx200 . I shot a lot of rats and rabbits with my lightning at night . I put a laser sight on the barrel and used nignt vision to see . just shoot the aa with a light .

With what you would spend on tuning the BSA you would be better buying a Hatsan 900 breaker, available from Browns in Sheffield for £69.95! g.png

That price included shipping?

That price is plus shipping, which is why I said from Browns, you will have to go there or phone them and ask how much they will charge to ship. Your best bet is to go to Country Way, who also sell that gun for £69.95. Have a link!

http://www.countrywaygunshop.co.uk/product/hatsan-breaker-900x-177-or-22-break-barrel-air-rifle/

They are in West Malling...

Edited by secretagentmole
  • 2 weeks later...

Johnny Brown in Sheffield is a tiny shop but nevertheless friendly and they will look after you. I used to live about 10 mins from them when living there and have dealt with John a number of times, very honest guy.

How effective is the mod on the 900x

Phil

Johnny Brown in Sheffield is a tiny shop but nevertheless friendly and they will look after you. I used to live about 10 mins from them when living there and have dealt with John a number of times, very honest guy.

How effective is the mod on the 900x

Phil

Pretty damned effective actually, surprised me! 75db recorded noise level 60cm from the left at the end of the muzzle...

Edited by secretagentmole

Hmmmm, at that price it might be worth getting one for when we are having a bit of family plinking in the garden as well as a back up gun. I have heard it said that they are quite accurate so could be worth a punt. I think I am in Sheffield next week, a coffee at John's place me thinks.

Phil

Edited by philpot