Deerhound X Greyhound Pics

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres some old pics of my trev cooks bred bitch 1st x shes coming up 5 now and entered her @11 months and had a good 2 yrs in the field then had a few nasty accidents and injuries with her in the la

The 1st one is a 1stx the next pic is its daughter and the little dog is off a 1stx doxhope dog to my mates whippet that I bred.all were good at there jobs.you always get a very nice ellegant dog with

Posted Images

Well they certainly make good companions. If you've searched older threads you've probably seen these pics. I can't be bothered with a camera most of the time but might take some new ones soon.

cooling%20off.jpg

2015_08160004.jpg

Snapchat--5317617990598707771.jpg

2014_01090056.jpg

2014_01090091.jpg

That one's first cross. Keep us updated with the progress of yours. I like deer crosses. Not the best rabbiters but fun to have around and pretty to look at.

• Like 11

Cheers guys. Nothing to test such a dog where I live but have always fancied this cross :thumbs:

Have you not got rabbits where you live

Yes plenty rabbits. Pre ban also mountain hare would have been on the menu ;)

Hope she gets plenty of rabbits for you..

Had two first crossers in the past, both did ok on rabbits.

• Like 1

hi dan how did you get on with your stag/collie litter?

Super good. I'm out with them nearly every day. They might get to stay home on some of the weekends because of the deer hunting. I'm having a blast with them though. They've caught just about everything I've been putting them on and a few extra things. I've successfully kept them off of coyotes so far but they're a little over two now and have had a lot of practice so they might be alright for them this winter. Their hell on cats and fox but they won't tree a lick and I think I can do one better and get some treeing instinct in them so I'm working on a second cross to work it all together at some point. Who knows where I'll go with it but I'm really having a good time with them.

DSC00199.jpg

IMG00043-20100926-1634.jpg

The 1st one is a 1stx the next pic is its daughter and the little dog is off a 1stx doxhope dog to my mates whippet that I bred.all were good at there jobs.you always get a very nice ellegant dog with this cross but finding it harder to get one.i couldn't find anymore decent pups a year ago so now I have the next best thing 5/8 3/8 beddiexgreys

• Like 11

I've got a 3/4 Grey 1/4 Deerhound bitch just gone 3 years old. She only stands 26" to the shoulder which I think is quite small myself. She does fairly well on the rabbits and doesn't often miss a decent opportunity, no world beater by any means but she's an outright pleasure to own and run and catches enough for me to be happy with. Always kept the ferrets fed and provided me with game for stews and pies!

• Like 3