Starting Near And Far Calibration With The T- Rex Hc Mk 3 .177

Started a basic zero this afternoon off the Primos shooting sticks to 32 yds and i`ll try to tighten the groupings tomorrow if i can.

The outer circles are a 5p coin outline.

I will follow up with the HW 100`S ready for the winter months and those spindle branches :yes:

atb

P.S click on the photo lads and it should enlarge (hopefully).

post-85710-0-49718700-1446062680_thumb.jpg

Lads. (.177 cal`) i will tweak the zero out to 36 yds dead tomorrow, this will give me a pbr of 8.9 yds to 41.1 yds.

Basically from 9 yds to 41 yds your pellet "STAYS" within a 1 inch flight path as long as you do your bit with any wind/ breeze.

After 41 yds with .177 cal is the only time to "Know your mill dots".

I calibrate every 5 yds after 41 yds onto my card for memory but i much prefer to shoot around the 30/ 35 yd mark as much as possible.

atb

• Like 1

Finished the final zero of the T-Rex tonight getting regular groupings to 5p size at 36 yds :yes: .

I`m looking forward to some good hide work with this springer as i have a lot of confidence with her and the brand new, shiney Primos shooting sticks.

atb

You forgot the mac twat levels on each leg

TWAT

• Like 1

Lads. (.177 cal`) i will tweak the zero out to 36 yds dead tomorrow, this will give me a pbr of 8.9 yds to 41.1 yds.

Basically from 9 yds to 41 yds your pellet "STAYS" within a 1 inch flight path as long as you do your bit with any wind/ breeze.

After 41 yds with .177 cal is the only time to "Know your mill dots".

I calibrate every 5 yds after 41 yds onto my card for memory but i much prefer to shoot around the 30/ 35 yd mark as much as possible.

atb

Forgive my ignorance but with a .177, if zero is done at 36yds, 9 - 41yds will be bang on the cross hairs or have I misunderstood what you said. if that is the case, I will not bother with 'Chairgun Pro' which suits me down to the ground, not good with computer software and not familiar with .177 YET.

Phil

Edited by philpot

Pretty much Phil what he is saying is that if you aim dead on the cross hairs you will hit anything within half an inch with side of the cross hair out to 41yds.

I was wondering mark how you found shooting at steep angles with the springer?? As I imagine the weight distribution get's a bit messed up??

• Like 1

Skot one shot asked me this one a while ago.

Jonnie i`m old school and when i`m after something like a Magpie say at 40 yds on a steep downward shot that shot i practice.

Skot was having trouble with the incline so i said go out to the incline and make a note of the mill dot requirements and place a marker accordingly. It cured his problem and the rabbits were all bagged i believe. :yes:

Weight does not come into contention in the building of your shot off well set shooting sticks. The sticks (Primos tripod)are a great platform and will aid you in every aspect Jonnie. :good:

atb

P.S. Phil - Jonnie is quite correct :)

• Like 2

Because i`ve had more than two 25th birthdays i work in feet and inches you see :icon_redface::laugh: .Old school.So yes everything is in yards.

BN if you zero to "smack on" 36 yds the "rule of thumb" is 9yds to 41 yds using (8.4 grain) pellets your pellet`s flight path will be within a one inch circle "it is not written in stone", especially using different weighted pellets obviously.

atb