Which Camera?????

hi there followed a few links off here lately to YouTube videos. theses videos contained some cracking videos of lurchers lamping and were very clear. I was just wandering what cameras you boys use to get this footage and if any one has any links to them as I fancy purchasing one. I don't want anything to fancy just something to record a few close up runs? any help would be most appreciated. atb

been looking at the go pro copies on flea bay about 30 quid, afew people i know have done alright with them

The GoPro type of camera are no use for Lamping. Their too wide angle with no zoom function so you end up with a bright white dot in the centre of a black picture!

I've got a Sony Handicam I use if I'm trying to film some Lamping. It's not HD but seems to cope with a tighter spotlight fairly well. You do have to change your lamping technique slightly though as the camera can take several seconds to autofocus. So you either need to leave the lamp on or turn camera and lamp on pointing close in then raise them both up to your quarry. The tighter the beam the longer the camera will take to focus.

• Like 1

been looking at the go pro copies on flea bay about 30 quid, afew people i know have done alright with them

The GoPro type of camera are no use for Lamping. Their too wide angle with no zoom function so you end up with a bright white dot in the centre of a black picture!

I've got a Sony Handicam I use if I'm trying to film some Lamping. It's not HD but seems to cope with a tighter spotlight fairly well. You do have to change your lamping technique slightly though as the camera can take several seconds to autofocus. So you either need to leave the lamp on or turn camera and lamp on pointing close in then raise them both up to your quarry. The tighter the beam the longer the camera will take to focus.

thanks for that last bit of advice! I have the Sony handy cam pj410 which I find great !