New And Thinking About Taking Up Shooting...

The new super carbine ones are a lot better now , more pointable , but still hit and miss on the regs .

Best to get a good second hand one and send it off to XTX AIR for a reg and tune

Will have too look harder then might post and see what ppl have second hand cheers post tomorrow this old man is going to sleep

Welcome Huw.

I am near Wigan if it helps and can guide you to the local clubs - Cheshire is a big place, where are you ?

HW 100`s in the format of your choice or a very, very close second and half the cost, BSA Ultra se.

atb (all the best)

I've always wondered what that means... :)

I have come back to air rifle shooting after many years away and how it has changed. The technology now applied to rifles is amazing. I bought a Walther Rotex RM8 and am now going to sell it as it is not what I want from a rifle so a few quid lost there but a very good value for money gun. After reading a great many posts on a couple of forums it is quite clear that there are huge numbers of Air Arms, BSA and Weihrauch air rifles out there with strong followers to each brand. There are of course many many more makes than these three but they must have the lions share of the UK market from what I have seen.

There is a good 'bookazine' out at the moment called 'The Sporting Airgun Handbook' which is both good reading and good information at £7.99 is worth the price, available from WH Smiths. In the bookazine they REVIEW not sell but REVIEW most of the popular rifles both PCP and springers which may well be worth a look to help make a short list of the ones that appeal to you.

Phil

Edited by philpot

I have come back to air rifle shooting after many years away and how it has changed. The technology now applied to rifles is amazing. I bought a Walther Rotex RM8 and am now going to sell it as it is not what I want from a rifle so a few quid lost there but a very good value for money gun. After reading a great many posts on a couple of forums it is quite clear that there are huge numbers of Air Arms, BSA and Weihrauch air rifles out there with strong followers to each brand. There are of course many many more makes than these three but they must have the lions share of the UK market from what I have seen.

There is a good 'bookazine' out at the moment called 'The Sporting Airgun Handbook' which is both good reading and good information at £7.99 is worth the price, available from WH Smiths. In the bookazine they REVIEW not sell but REVIEW most of the popular rifles both PCP and springers which may well be worth a look to help make a short list of the ones that appeal to you.

Phil

Thanks phil ill look up that bookazine now

jonnie bravo

thanks for the advice ill look for local clubs see if there any close to me and thanks for scope advice ill bare that in mind

Cheers lads

Huw

Phil most hw100 owners look after there rifle because they cost to much

so you will get one on the second hand market for a lot less all scoped up and with pod to and bag and you will get a bottle and whip you will get the whole package for a lot less than a grand and with some change to mate

and most hw100 have good glass on them to at the end of the day you dont pay out £700 plus then stick shit scope on do you

have a look around hw100 £500 to £600 fully fitted out and £150 to£200 for bottle and whip well worth a look at the second hand market and im sure some one off here who lives near you will check them out for you all you have to do is ask

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: