Maxed Elevation

How high the scope is off of the receiver has no effect on the elevation.

Something must be amiss, you can get moa inclined pickatinney rails, but these are for very long range shooting where the elevation

is off the end. surely not the case with you.

Try winding the turrets fully up & down a few times, I reckon something is 'stuck' inside?

That scope is a quality bit of kit - the problem is your mounts. Id try to avoid shimming them on a centerfire if you can and take it to a gunsmith to try some different mounts and bore sight it.

If you do decide to shim the front make sure to use metal, not paper, a drinks can is easy enough to cut to the right dimension with kitchen scissors.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

That scope is a quality bit of kit - the problem is your mounts. Id try to avoid shimming them on a centerfire if you can and take it to a gunsmith to try some different mounts and bore sight it.

If you do decide to shim the front make sure to use metal, not paper, a drinks can is easy enough to cut to the right dimension with kitchen scissors.

We have all done it, but you mean the back, he wants more elevation not less.

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi guys just wondering what can I do if my elevation turret is maxed out how can I get more elevation would I need to get higher mounts as I got a 6-18-50 meopta on a howa 1500 scope ain't touching barrel but close any advise welcome p

Am I missing something here, what calibre is this and what distance are you talking about?

On the face of it the obvious response is your scope is Fubared!

We have all done it, but you mean the back, he wants more elevation not less.

Ha! Probably the reason I decided to get different mounts!!!

:thumbs: