just seen on YouTube a puma that gets hold of Doberman , it had it down for good couple mins ,I think somebody or something disturbed it, other wise the it would have killed the dog easy , the dog was totally subdued by it, think it had it round head like they take all there prey . I carnt see any type of 1dog handling it, maybe 2-3 big dogs might kill it , but deff not one . it was quite shocking to see it really, I don't think there are any big cats living wild in the UK, because somebody must see one when lamping or at least early morning coming back home. I know one thing after watching that vid, the way it over powered that dob that must have been 60-70lb , if it went for you or your dog you be in big trouble , more so if you was where not many people go . a real dangerous animal , so gods knows how you get on against a leopard which is a stronger cat . :yes:

Have you seen the old video of a dogo killing a puma?
yeh, but in a wild state not in a cage , a puma would kill dogo no prob, when truly wild and hunting for food ,there no dog could leave with one :yes: it don't matter what the breed, pitbull,kangal etc if the puma was hunting for food and that dog was there no people to intervene 1 dead dog :yes:
think you need to watch the vid with the dogo called morocho

Is that the one where the girl climbs the fruit tree to find a puma? The dogs kills the puma to save her?

Sure it's something along they lines but I'm sure they looking for fruit, they leg it with puma in toe and the dogo fights the puma...

I watched it just now, the dog certainly has the scars to show for his effort. One hell of a dog although in Bird's defence, if the father hadn't come galloping over on his horse and given it first aid the dog would've died too

• Like 2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kippers.

Well lakes and rivers have "beds" so maybe eh ....

Only a fox so would not think so because of size

just seen on YouTube a puma that gets hold of Doberman , it had it down for good couple mins ,I think somebody or something disturbed it, other wise the it would have killed the dog easy , the dog was totally subdued by it, think it had it round head like they take all there prey . I carnt see any type of 1dog handling it, maybe 2-3 big dogs might kill it , but deff not one . it was quite shocking to see it really, I don't think there are any big cats living wild in the UK, because somebody must see one when lamping or at least early morning coming back home. I know one thing after watching that vid, the way it over powered that dob that must have been 60-70lb , if it went for you or your dog you be in big trouble , more so if you was where not many people go . a real dangerous animal , so gods knows how you get on against a leopard which is a stronger cat . :yes:

yeh, but in a wild state not in a cage , a puma would kill dogo no prob, when truly wild and hunting for food ,there no dog could leave with one :yes: it don't matter what the breed, pitbull,kangal etc if the puma was hunting for food and that dog was there no people to intervene 1 dead dog :yes:

Is that the one where the girl climbs the fruit tree to find a puma? The dogs kills the puma to save her?

Sure it's something along they lines but I'm sure they looking for fruit, they leg it with puma in toe and the dogo fights the puma...

I watched it just now, the dog certainly has the scars to show for his effort. One hell of a dog although in Bird's defence, if the father hadn't come galloping over on his horse and given it first aid the dog would've died too
yes but the dog killed the cat, it didn't kill the dog. So it shows that it's possible, and the puma was nearly twice the weight of the dog

yes but the dog killed the cat, it didn't kill the dog. So it shows that it's possible, and the puma was nearly twice the weight of the dog
Not necessarily, the video said that's how big they CAN get to. However that's moot, as you said the dog killed the puma. There's a video in the working lurcher section of a fella called Cowboyvon who's dogs take a puma although there is three or four dogs not one on one

Cats kill by ambush, different story if a big cat catches a dog off guard and sinks teeth in before dog knows what the f**k is going on,

spot on :thumbs: , that's what ive tried to say lol, in the vid with dob, the cat crept up to it and got in the head+neck, the dog was totally subdued by the attack :yes: .suppose any dog with guts that see the cat coming for it , would have a go, and breeds like dogo,kangal could kill a cat , but these are very big+ powerful breeds, but your average 60-70lb dog yeh even a pit I reckon would come of worse , that's why they don't use pure pits hunting big cats as they get killed quick , if the hunter don't get there quick enough, they x pits with other big breeds to do the cat job. :yes: