Young Hob

look up

Thought I'd try my young hob out today ..one I kept back from my litter..he's only 5 1/2 month old .. But a big boy .. Found a nice set what hold a couple .. I put him down gave it 10mins he hadn't shown . So I grabbed the locator found him 3ft dug down rabbit dead .. Found him again 3 1/2 ft dug to him again 1 dead and he was putting manners on another lol .. And bolted 1 so he done very well for a first time and on his own.. Atb

post-38056-0-17780600-1443531070_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

your probably right.perhaps a smaller jill would be better though instead of a big boy eh

The thing I like about a good hob is when your working big sandy tubs they don't seem to get the run about so much as the Jill's ...

I did only work Jill's at one point ... Until they got the run around for a good wile in a sandy set .. You could feel the rumble under your feet rabbits running around like f--k ... But not one bolted.. ferrets just couldn't get hold of them ... And these two Jill were good working ferrets .. That just put me off a bit ...you should still get afew digs to a working Jill couse they can kill quick once they no how ... Atb

• Like 3

To much digging for my liking lol

Sounds like its not the sport for you ... Two 3ft digs for four rabbit anit to bad...atb

love the digging,sounds like hes starting of well for you.Best of luck with him
Cheers mate ... I was surprised he done aswell as he did .. He entered like a pro lol...atb
  • Like 1

Sounds like its not the sport for you ... Two 3ft digs for four rabbit anit to bad...atb

Cheers mate ... I was surprised he done aswell as he did .. He entered like a pro lol...atb

Yeah love it when it comes of like that.The burrows I ferret dictate that a decent buck gets used. Ive used jills and they do well enough but better results with buck.Quicker to dig down to dead rabbits than try and net up dirty ditches and like you said the jills can get some run around in the burrows at times.

• Like 1

Yeah love it when it comes of like that.The burrows I ferret dictate that a decent buck gets used. Ive used jills and they do well enough but better results with buck.Quicker to dig down to dead rabbits than try and net up dirty ditches and like you said the jills can get some run around in the burrows at Times

Some people think just because they get a couple of bolts with a ferret its working ... But in my eyes it anit working intill you have dug to it a few times at stop ends and dead rabbits ..not every rabbit will bolt ...that's when you can start to trust a ferret..atb

• Like 3